29. In a mess

Last night...I don't even know what time I had slept last night...

I kept spinning around, splitting between different positions in bed, and no, it was not sex positions.

It took me hours.

Sunday is practically lost. I slept half of the day.

My phone wakes me up at 3 pm, displaying a message from Charles inviting me to have dinner there.

I ponder about going or not but spend the rest of the day just contemplating the ceiling is starting to be less and less appealing.

Once my stomach starts whining, reminding me how hungry I am, I take as a clue to go.

The probability of Andrew being there is equal to me having my place on the soccer team back.

Very low, I know..

He has better things to do with his Sunday.

Better things... as, to screw that girl he met in the club.

Arriving there, I confirmed to be right, Charles is alone, and it is better this way.

Even if in the back of my brain are running several different theories about his doings.

It shouldn't matter to me. It doesn't matter to me.

"Hey Kels," Char greets me, with his usual goofy smile.

He looks so boyish with his damp and messy hair covering his face.

"Hi", I replied, clearly not with the same enthusiasm.

"I'll prepare some French crepes", he said grinning and I can't avoid smiling back. He knows I love those.

It is something he has learned with our father, bribe me with food.

It has been proved to be effective, still, I can't forget his behavior just because he is providing me some crepes.

If he could just prepare a Fondue though ...

"I know you are still mad at me", he starts, "so I thought we could talk?" He completes sitting on the couch, and I copy him.

"Uhum," when it starts to be weird between us? We have always had a good relationship, it is always comfortable around him.

Although, I'm not feeling comfortable right now.

"It just doesn't make sense Kels. I get you are pissed, but I don't understand why you expect me to act differently."

"Are you serious?"

I just don't have the straight to feel the anger I felt yesterday, today again. I was foreseeing a nice talk.

"I am, you are my little sister. I will always want to protect you," he tells me softly.

"You can protect me, Char, when I need you to, but you can't act like an ogre that doesn't accept your sister is now single and can go out with whoever she wants."

"I just know guys Kels and I don't trust them."

"Because they are like you, right?"

He keeps sleeping around, with different girls, and wants to censor me?

I bet he slept with someone last night and already forgot her name.

"Touché", he smirks, and I glare, "They always want the same thing. They are not good for you".

"I'm pretty aware of what they want, it is up to me to decide for it or not", I state, and he doesn't get pleased about my answer.

"You expect me to accept it?"