21. In the wicked mood

"Hey Kels, can you please help me here? I want us to eat before the match." Charles called me from the kitchen.

"Sure, what are you doing?"

"Hamburgers, but I think I'm doing too many things here." He explains moving his hands around, showing the state of the kitchen.

I look around the kitchen, and indeed, it was a mess, pans, and pots everywhere. Usually, Charles is an organized cooker. Not for other things, though. No, his room is always a mess, but his kitchen must be impeccable.

"Can you take care of the sauces; it's basically just stirring and not let it burn. You are capable right Kels?" He asks me seriously. Does he seriously think I'm not able to stir a sauce?

It was, in fact, a hard task, since he has prepared three different types of sauce, making no time to rest between each time I stir one of them, the other is already bubbling.

Once we have finished, we take everything to the table, his idea is to make a buffet 'self-service' of hamburgers. It was tasty, as always destroying my so healthy diet.

"Somethings never change", Liam says laughing at me.

"Uh?" I raise my head to watch him with my mouth full of burger and sauce.

"You have sauce everywhere Kels", he says passing his finger on my chin and then on my nose tip.

I frown, indeed some things never changed. He used to love doing this when I was eating something with chocolate and got smeared all over my face, he used to love taking it with his finger and spreading it on my nose.

I have a theory, I think my mouth is too small, but my stomach thinks otherwise, not allowing me to give small bites. My stomach is impatient, like the rest of me we could say. I have to give large bites. What happens? If the food contains sauce it goes all over my face.

No, I'm not exaggerating, really, all over, last time I ate a hot dog containing tomato sauce in some way I had spread the sauce until my forehead.

I take a napkin to clean my mess.

After finishing eating everyone goes to the living room around the tv to watch the match Barcelona versus Bayern.

"Sorry Char, I really want to support Barça here, but is being difficult with their awful defense".

My brother Charles is a Barcelona supporter, I believe it starts when Ronaldinho Gaucho used to play for them, and since then he is a huge fan. He watches every match.

The thing is they are playing very poorly tonight, losing 1x3 and we still are in the first half.

He is puffing, screaming, hitting things, and glares at me after my observation.

Soccer's bad mood can be worst than a PMS.

When the first half has completed Liam goes up to get us more beers.

"There is this club opening next Saturday, we should go," Mattew says.

"Uhm, yeah it could be good," Char responds.

"Sure"

"Yeah," the other guys respond.

"You should come too, Kels," Mattew tells me taking a sip of his beer and his eyes on me.

"Okay", I respond taking my beer from Liam.

My eyes found Andrew for a second, his eyes are burning on me, driving me hot under his stare, a heat flow comes up to me, reddening my cheeks. I turn around to focus on something else to cool me down, taking a sip of my beer. Although I can still feel his stare.