Chapter Ten

Denise escaped and that's the only good thing, I'm officially dead. My hand feels warm, I look down and see a magma covered man floating a bit off the ground his hand holding mine and Flames without issue. Flame is immune to heat and I'm invincible, he wants us to hold him back. I take his hands and turn him to face me, his face blank, he's passed out inside that flare up. I need to wake him up, so I do the most stupid idea, I kiss him.
"Wake up!" I then see him jolt his eyes open, the magma still consuming his body. He somehow gains control of himself and his powers. His liquid form seems to become him and surround him, like his air and water forms. This form was different though, his eyes glowed a neon blue while everything else was red black or orange. His hair was a flowing golden hue above his eyes, a true embodiment of heat.
I watch as the team attack people their powers will definitely overpower, but something seems off. People are missing, my father. Before I can say or do anything, everything is pitch black.
~
As I was fighting people I could hear myself, the magma flowing all around my body, inside my body, and that I've left on people. Our goal is to delay them till grandfather can get us a portal home, no one should die. I swerve past a ice hero and place an obsidian shield on her hands. The obsidian comes from me changing the chemical bonds in the magma. My body is in a constant chemical change while I fly around the room keeping each of the heroes busy and making sure none of them have the ability to escape.
I see flame fighting with ice and snow, melting all of the attacks they have. Technopath is using his abilities to keep the cameras connected and running during the battle, he himself was hidden in the back room of the gala, so I had to keep heroes from entering the room. Electro was helping Flame with shocking people powers so they couldn't die but they would get a jolt and be stunned. Chameleon and Shapeshifter were changing what people they were around, drawing the heroes into a confused daze. We had the upper hand, but someone was missing.
We had spent hours overpowering the heroes, but by the time we had beat the heroes, a new portal had been made. We all ran or limped into the portal. Jess had a cut reaching from her shoulder to her elbow, Flame had bruises over his stomach, Derik was busy carrying a beaten up Kai who had a few burns and bruises, and Maddie had a few cuts and scratches all over her body. I on the other hand was covered in burns, my body can manage the heat but on very well, after hours of using it I was scorched, my body would need to be covered in gauze, altogether normally I'm unconscious, but since I wasn't my eyes took damage too. Everything was in a haze, a grey haze. My eyes were wrapped and I felt my arms and eventually rest of my body be wrapped as well.
It was weeks before I would be able to remove the wraps from my body, I needed to have someone care for me.
"Magnus can take care of me." I speak up while I listened to everyone arguing over who would care for me in my cocoon form. The air in the room grew cold, the words spoken became hushed and fast. I couldn't see or feel but I could talk and listen, and I was pissed to be treated like I have no say on my health.
"Magnus can take care of me!" I spoke louder, this time the room became dead. No sound was made, till my chair was moved I was in the wheelchair we had stolen from the hospital in case one of us was rendered unable to use their body after a mission, I was typically the one put in its seat. The wheelchair had gone under a lot of modifications, the seat went from a rough leather to a soft pillow sewed overtop the base. The arm bars had gained padding as well, and the tires had been recently changed out when one of them popped. I enjoyed having an item I can know what it looks like at the moment, since I can't see anything and nothing is making a sound.
"Why are you all silent!" I was growing impatient, extremely impatient, what could they be hiding from me? I was growing far more upset that I wanted to be, I needed to know what happened.
"Nick we have some bad news, during the fight we seem to have lost contact with Magnus, Nick he's missing." This can't be happening.