Chapter Eleven

I watch as my son stills, he lost his anchor again. If he wasn't in wraps I fear he would have lost control. He took so much damage in that battle he will have to be in wraps for 3 weeks, three weeks that we know will be horrible for him. We only know Magnus was taken since we tried to stop Jameson from taking him, sadly that didn't work. He sent his mindless monsters after us and stalled us for hours. No one knows where Magnus is now and we know Nick will not stop looking until we find him.
I walk over to taking his hand into mind, he doesn't move. His eyes were damaged by the magma so we have everything wrapped up, his mouth is one of the things we don't have wrapped since he needs to breathe. Besides that his hair is burned and damaged far beyond saving, along with his eyes, hopefully he can regain sight. I look to my other son, Ethan, his face shows burns as well but ice burns. I hold both of my boys hands, why do they have to be the ones with hard to heal injuries.
Grandfather walks into the room, he has burn cream in his hand, he sits in front of Ethan and applies the cream on his burn. I wish we could do that to Nick. His burns are too severe we just put what we could before we wrapped it, he will be scarred up after this.
"Mom, we will find Magnus right?" I hear him finally say. The room is now empty of everyone but the four of us. I didn't know what to say, no one could be sure since no one knows what will happen.
"I'm not sure kiddo, right now we just wait and see what we can uncover." I look to Grandfather for any source of acknowledgment. Gaining none. I sigh and sit on the chair across from Nick, this would be a long three weeks with what I have to say.
"Nick, right now we have no knowledge of where Magnus is and we can't go looking for him until you can physically help us, you know him best and you know his father best. But we can do what we are able to in the meantime." I watch as his mouth forms a frown. His heart must be breaking all over again, he just got back the only person in his life that shares his heart, and lost him all in the same day. It has to take a huge toll on someone.
He nods as much as he could with his constraints. I stood and wheeled him to his room, a room that was full of life, now dark and dead. I ask Derik to help me lift the poor kid into his bed, a place he will become even more close to in the aftermath of today. We get him into bed and lay pillows around his body and tuck him in. Now his arms and neck up are visible to the blind eye. A broken man now lays in front of me, and I'm making it my job to find his heart.
We walk out of the room and into the living room where everyone is sitting or laying on a couch watching a movie. I pause it and stand in front of them.
"Today Nick found his soul, but hours after they were rejoined, they were forced apart. Nick's a mess now. We need to find Magnus." I tell them how Nick is acting and the depressed and suffocating feelings radiating from his room. They all agreed to the plan, this was going to be a long 3 weeks. We need to find Magnus.