▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❛𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬❜

SUFFOCATING UNDER THE DARKENING DEPTHS you delved down. Surrounding you was a darkness that lurked deep within, reaching out to trap you in the melancholic profundity.

Your frail hands lunged for air that ceased to exist around you as you felt stifling waters rush down your throat, effectively choking you out of the air that never existed in the beginning.

Your body seized in a frenzy that was your situation and grabbed your trapped throat. Desperate for a savior, you screamed out—yet grumbled and bubbled noises were the only sounds you could produce as it plunged deeper into your system.

Clenched jaws and eyes were the only things you could do as you felt darkness loom over you.

God—if there is one out there—relieve me of the chains that trap me within.

Your limp hand clenched at whatever was in front of you.

Darkness.

Utter darkness.

Despair.

How hypocritical of me.

私を救ってください

"I'm always angry, _____"

You kept your silence and waited for her to say more. You knew it was not your moment to speak of anything. Shinobu's gentle gaze held prominent darkness to them. They were not sparkling under the bright dusking sun.

"How did you know?" She asked you. You cocked an eyebrow at her and she realized what was wrong with her question, "Ah, I forgot you already told me how... is it that noticeable?"

"People have their own aromas that linger around them," You started as you watched her gently wrap the bandages around your arm, "Kanao is white roses, Aoi is gladiolus', while you are dahlias and yellow acacias."

"Do they have a meaning to them?"

You nodded, "Of course. It represents who they are."

Shinobu didn't speak further, and you took the chance to ask her.

"What is your story?"

You were glad that Shinobu had finished bandaging you up by the time you asked her that question. She placed down the bandage roll onto the table gently but saw an irk appearing on her forehead. She looked back at you, and this time, from the diminishing darkness that lived in her eyes, there was burning fury dancing in them.