二十二

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❛𝐓𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥❜

PEACE AND HARMONY TO THE SOUL was the first thing that Tomioka prioritized when he began the training. He learnt of the difference between Water Breathing and Frost Breathing when you demonstrated Frost Breathing to him.

Water Breathing utilizes the fluidity and flexibility of water; the way it adapts to any kind of container like how the user would adapt to the difficulty of the battle. While Frost Breathing utilizes the sheer force yet light aspects of snow.

"There are similarities between these two Breathings," Tomioka spoke. The two of you were inside his cottage, drinking a warm cup of tea to calm the mind.

"What are they?"

Tomioka set his cup down. "They need the user to be in a tranquil state of mind at all times. Water cannot flow beautifully down a river if it is blocked by obstacles, and snowflakes cannot drift from the skies undisturbed if there is a storm."

You hummed in acknowledgement. Indeed, whenever you used Frost Breathing, your body and mind would a point of serenity.

"It is easier for you to strengthen it since the two are very similar in a way." The Pillar took a small sip of the tea. "All you need to achieve is complete fluidity. As if you are water itself."

"Like water itself..." You muttered to yourself. You watched the tea in your cup swirl as you rotated your wrist. You took note of it and put the cup down.

"Say, Tomioka, who is the current cultivator of Water Breathing?" You asked him.

You still maintained the knowledge that each Breathing has its cultivator, most of the time being past Pillars of those Breathing. Sadly, you couldn't seem to grasp who those people were, even the mentor that taught you your Breathing.

You hoped that, if you were to know them, you could have a clue as to who taught you. A small glimpse of your past that's still unlocked.

"Urokodaki Sakonji. He was the previous Water Pillar." He answered.

That name, you thought, it sounds familiar. Have I met him?

"Will there be a chance that I can meet him?"

Tomioka, who was looking at his cup now looked up at you. His eyes didn't show any emotion, but you could catch the scent of curiosity from him. He seemed to be evaluating you with his cold eyes; watching if your expression changed, or if you will take back your words.

You said nothing more and stared back at him.

That seemed enough for him. "I can issue him a letter for a visit."