十二

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❛𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞❜

THE THUNDERING SOUNDS OF STEAM startled the young demon slayer, Inosuke as his body shook from the intimidation, he felt from looking at the train. You had to restrain the boy from slamming his head onto the train again.

"How many times have I told you this, Inosuke?" You sighed as you held him up by his clothing strapped around his waist. He wiggled around in retaliation and huffed out breaths, still intimidated by a vehicle, "It's a steam engine. Not the one who controls the land."

"It may be sleeping now, but don't let your guard down!" His voice came out strong, but the tremble in it didn't convince you.

"It may be a guardian spirit of this land, so it may not be a good idea to attack it," Tanjiro spoke up, his obliviousness seeming to have caught on with Inosuke.

Unexpectedly, Zenitsu was the logical one out of the three as he explained to Tanjiro with a dead-panned face, "No, did you just not hear Miss _____? It's a steam engine, a vehicle. It carries people, you bumpkins."

Sooner or later, the ruckus your group was creating caught the attention of the nearby security. They were startled when they saw that all of you were carrying swords, almost alerting the policemen before Zenitsu dragged you all to run away and you explained to them a fake truth; that you were performers and you were already in your outfits.

Luckily, they took it and let you get on the train.

It's been minutes, and this is what I'm already experiencing, You grumbled, Lord Ubuyashiki, help me.

"I wonder, is _____ doing well with the mission?" Ubuyashiki muttered as he took a sip from his tea.

His wife, Ubuyashiki Amane, hummed, "I'm sure she's doing well. She's a strong one after all."

He chuckled into his tea, "She is, indeed."

Zenitsu was in the same condition you were in; in absolute disbelief and tire.

The yellow-haired boy groaned as he explained to the other two boys, "We demon slayers are part of an organization that isn't officially recognized by the government. We really can't walk around while having our swords so out in the open. So even if you talk about demons and the like, they won't believe you for the most part,"

You continued for him, "Walking around with our swords could cause chaos. Just hide your swords on your backs for now, preferably under your haori—and no, Inosuke, your swords can still be seen." You scolded the boy before Zenitsu gave Inosuke a large white cloth to wrap his swords around his back, to which he did.