Ҽթíӏօցմҽ

Henry stood in front of the bathroom mirror, frowning at his reflection. He knew Jamie would think he looked good but Henry didn't think so.

For their one-year anniversary together, Jamie had told Henry that he was going to take him out to a restaurant. Henry didn't know where it was, what type of food they sold, or the name of the restaurant. Jamie wouldn't tell Henry anything.

So, there Henry stood: dressed in a light grey tuxedo with light grey pants to match, and black dress shoes too. His hair was naturally curly so he tamed it to stay out of his eyes while they were out.

Sighing, he unlocked the door and went to join Jamie in the car. He had used the excuse of forgetting something so that he'd be able to recollect his thoughts before leaving.

^^^
Jamie felt nervous.

That was the only reasonable emotion right now. Yes, he was happy and immensely proud of himself and Henry for making it this far in their relationship, but as of now, only fear etched into Jamie's chest.

He sat across from Henry in their booth at Texas dé Brazil, a somewhat fancy Brazilian restaurant. Henry was shocked when he had seen the entrance and only assumed the food was just as good as the decoration of the place; which it was.

As far as Henry knew, this was just one of his many gifts for their anniversary. But Jamie had so much more planned.

After this, he would take Henry to get ice cream, knowing it would help him (and Jamie himself) calm down before the big finale of their anniversary night.

Henry was eating his lobster bisque and sushi and looked so happy. Jamie knew that Henry was happier since they had gotten together. Henry never said it verbally, but Jamie knew he appreciated him. And Jamie appreciated Henry.

"Baby," Jamie called.

Henry hummed, looking up at his daddy. "Do you remember what I first told you? Our first words." Jamie said.

Henry smiled, nodding enthusiastically. "It was some stupid pick up line, wasn't it?"

Jamie chuckled, nodding. "I'm afraid so, love."

Henry finished up his soup before asking why he had asked.

Jamie shrugged, "Just wondering, Babes." Henry wasn't buying it but ignored it for the time being. "Where we goin' after this?"

"Hmm, well, I thought you'd want to get some ice cream before seeing the fireworks?"

"Fireworks?!" Henry exclaimed. Surrounding people had turned their way but went back to their own food.

"Yup. Or do you want to wait on ice cream after?"

"Ughhh... Um, a-after this, please."

"Alright, then hurry on up so we can get to the show." Jamie told him.

***
The two left the restaurant hand-in-hand, Jamie swinging his arm back and forth, as Henry skipped along the pavement.

They had their ice cream in hand (Jamie with a cone and Henry with a milkshake) and were on their way to the fireworks show.

The town square was crowded this time of night so Jamie had to hold on real tight to Henry so he wouldn't lose him and led him to the front of the crowd, leaning on his back just as the show began.

"It's so pretty, Daddy!"

Jamie kissed his neck, "Not as pretty as you, my flower."

Henry giggled, swatting his chest. "You's so silly's Dada." Jamie knew that the ice cream would bring out Little Henry and honestly, Jamie didn't care too much.

The fireworks went on for a bit, creating regular shapes, abstract shapes and even little messages.

"Baby, I want you pay real close attention to these last few fireworks, okay?" Jamie asked. "Yeah, yeah!" Promised Henry.

***
Henry kept a close eye on them. There were flowers in the sky. Roses, bluebells, and irises, all of Henry's favorite flowers. Actually, now that he thought of it, all of the fireworks were in his favorite colors too.

Next, there was a big message written in the sky:

Will you marry me, Henry Blanks?

Henry heard the crowd screaming, wondering who this 'Henry Blanks' was. Henry couldn't move. ...was there another Henry Blanks?

"Baby,"

A small black box came in Henry's focus.

"Henry, I know we've only known each other for a year," Jamie said in his ear, "But I really love you, Babes. I want to be with you forever, tantrums and all." Henry laughed at that. "So will you let me?"

Henry noticed that the fireworks had stopped and so had the crowd's shouting. It seemed they were all awaiting Henry's answer.

Instead of answering, Henry giggled, turning around and kissed Jamie. He pulled away for just a second and said, "What do you think?"

"I think the cake in the car is getting hot and we should go and eat it." Jamie smirked. Henry rolled his eyes with a grin, pecked Jamie on the lips and said, "Of course I'll marry you, you dodo."