THREE | Say My Name

"asmano pe jo khuda hai, ussay meri yehi dua hai, chand ye har roz main dekhoon tere sath main."

------------------------------------------------

HAIDER Ali Khan was over the moon tonight.

His obsidian eyes shone with merriment; a complacent smile stretched across his lips as he opened the door of his car―decorated with flowery garlands for the special occasion―and sat in the front seat, while his parents and siblings filled the backseat.

Dressed impeccably in an ivory prince coat with delicate gold work that accentuated his broad shoulders, matched with a crisp silk kurta of similar colour and straight pants; the groom was ready to depart. To his destination.

To his new triumph.

Haider had always been ambitious and competitive. He aspired to be at the top; to own the things people could only dream of; to win no matter what. Once he set his eyes upon something, nothing could stop him from acquiring it and if fate intervened, he took it by the neck and coerced it to obey his will.

That was the reason he was an eminent figure in the business world; being the owner of an established IT company at the age of twenty-eight. He wore an enviable crown of success embellished with riches and luxuries of life.

And, Iman Bakhtiyar, his soon-to-be wife, was the new jewel in his crown.

The most precious jewel.

She was the embodiment of the ideals he sought in his future spouse; someone who possessed unrivalled beauty; who belonged to a strong and well-off family like him; who would follow his lead quietly.

He had been enthralled by her since the first time he laid his eyes upon her.

A fond smile twirled on his lips when he recalled the picture he couldn't get out of his mind to date.

Her statuesque frame cloaked in a pure white dress from head to toe, her rose beige complexion glowing alluringly under the golden beams of sunlight as she stood in the garden of her house, her delicate hands carrying a watering can, spraying the prismatic flowers she was surrounded by.

She was such a tempting view; rousing his fiery desires, provoking him to seize her in his claws right there.

In an intoxicating reverie he had walked towards her, he had stepped on a tuft of flowers, earning a sharp glare from her but instead of saying anything, she had simply walked away. They had met several times after that since their fathers were close friends but rarely communicated.

Haider was blessed with irresistible good looks and he was pleasingly aware of that. He knew he could capture any woman's attention with just one look but Iman was different. She was reserved and mostly quiet; at least around him. It used to bother him slightly but he had eventually determined it as a part of her shy nature. He disliked noisy women anyway. 

Over the time he had spent observing her, he had found out that she loved gardening and her favourite flower was, white freesia. 

He had bedecked his whole room with those flowers for her.  

And he couldn't wait to bring her there.

To hold her in his arms.

To rule over her heart and soul forever.