FIFTEEN | Revelation

"aankh uthi mohabbat ne angrayi li"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

NUISANCE was the word that flashed in Haider's mind as his onyx eyes witnessed the awfully irritating and noisy display of sparks shooting off in the sky, disturbing the tranquility of the night and contributing to air pollution.

Dressed in a sage green retro shirt with long sleeves and black jeans, he stood on the extended terrace of his room with his fingers clasped around a hot cup of coffee and his left hand clutching the metallic railing.

A series of gunshots followed by hoots and laughter rumbled around, making a peeved breath furl out of his lips and mingle with the steam emitting from the cup.

Haider never understood why every damn celebration had to be loud and theatrical. Why couldn't people celebrate in a civilised way? Was it necessary to behave like wild dirtbags?

Which reminded him of a particular one he had caged in the rusty abode at the far end of the city.

The men he had hired to take care of that bastard had been working for him for a long time now. Whenever someone tried to mess with him, they messed up that person's life.

Haider had worked very hard to build his business empire and it was with his sheer prowess and capability that he had achieved significant achievement in the field of technology in a short amount of time―working with renowned global firms and being the owner of four software houses in different cities. He reigned his country's tech landscape but to keep his rule intact, he occasionally had to get his hands dirty.

If anyone threatened to take away the top spot only he deserved, he simply shut the threat―sometimes fair but mostly by foul means.

He didn't find anything wrong with that. The weak were always going to get crushed by the strong. That's how the world worked. And it's not like he was a killer. He just simply had enough money to hire some goons to terrorise people who dared to get in his way.

Just like him; that damned guy who had gotten in his way on his wedding day. He didn't intend to kill him, but he was going to give him an excruciating pain he was never going to forget.

Heaving a sigh, he fished out his phone from his pocket and swiped on the screen to call those goons-cum-fools he had been trying to reach since noon.

Not a single one of them had responded to his calls and now his agitation was inflaming and patience running thinner with each second.

Grinding his teeth, he tapped on the screen and attached the phone to his ear―each unanswered beeping sound grating his nerves.

After an unforgiving amount of ringing, the call was finally picked up.

"Where the bloody hell are you idiots? I've been trying to reach you the whole day!" he roared, clutching the cup in his hand so tightly his knuckles started turning pale.

When the person on the other side apprised him of why he was unable to answer his calls, rage simmered inside of him and the coffee cup in his hand became the victim of his ire as he hurled it to the floor―the crashing sound ricocheting as the warm brown liquid stained the floor along with the shards of cup.

"What!? He ran away?! And you let him?" Haider's ferocious yell filled the chilly air.

"He somehow managed to untie his hands and went absolutely berserk on us, Sir. Two of us ended up with broken bones."