Problematic

Once you're all alone with Mrs Theron, you stay quiet and wait for her to speak. "So I heard a lot about you today and it seems like you scared almost all the teachers. Something that I do not understand since you are very nice in my class. So what's the matter ?"

(y/n): I really don't know what you're talking about, guys?

Katy: Yes it's very strange, we had a great time in class today.

Max: Especially in history!

Laura: Oh true it was great!

Andre: And in your class obviously :) 

She tries not to smile but fails. "Listen, I  believe that you are all very kind but I don't think my colleagues would be so upset if it was nothing, as you tell me."

(y/n): Unless they're doing a big deal out of nothing.

The older woman glances at you then goes back to talking to the group. "I don't want you to get in trouble, I'm sure you're good kids and I just want you to calm down a bit, can you do that?"

(y/n): Yes mommy we'll try.

Your friends are smirking because they know what it means when you use that name with a woman. But Mrs. Theron does not, so she is just smiling as she taking it as a joke. "Good then see you tomorrow and no more drama okay?"

Max: Drama?!! us??

Laura: Never absolutely not!

She smiles and as your friends start to leave, you stand still in front of Mrs. Theron staring at her eyes.

Mrs Theron: uhm (y/n)?

You stay silent for a moment until your friends are out of sight even though you know they're right behind the door, listening.

(y/n): Thank you for being so patient with us, I can tell you care and it's heartwarming.

She puts her hand on your arm.

Mrs Theron: Of course, I've been through it at your age. You just need some support.

You smile at her appreciating her kindness.

(y/n): Thank you Mrs. Theron, it means a lot.

You turn around to leave but say one last thing before to go. "Oh by the way, you look really good today."

She smiles as you leave and as you thought your friends were listening by the door, you just roll your eyes at them and you walk away together laughing.

(y/n): You're not going to spy on me every time, are you?

Andre: It's definitely very interesting so I'm in.

Katy: Me too, I don't want to miss the seduction process!

Max: Beautiful sounds better than good.

(y/n): You want me to call her hot too? I'm starting slowly.

Laura: She has a point here.

Max: Yea it makes sense actually, I won't question the process anymore !

You guys talk a bit more then say goodbye as you break into small groups to go in different directions. You go with Katy since you don't want to go home and her parents won't be home until next week, business trip you know. As you walk you are talking with Katy but you can't stop thinking about Mrs Theron she really has a great vibe and you really feel like you are starting to like her which is not good. When you arrive at Katy's you just put down your bag and then you leave to go buy cigarettes. You smoke very rarely but sometimes you feel like you want to, so you buy it occasionally. Along the way it's the same problem, there is only your teacher in your head.

The evening with Katy is going well, you talk about lots of things including Mrs. Theron and your problems with your mother then clothes and other stuff. You go to bed around midnight and then you chat for an hour or two before falling asleep. The next day after you are prepared, you go out a little earlier since you have to meet with Max, Laura and Andre to have breakfast outside. You go to a French cafe you know well and order croissants with juice for some and coffee for others. It seems unusual to have breakfast together but it's something you love to do, it motivates you to start the day.

Max: SO, what are we doing today?

Katy: What do you mean by that?

Max: I mean troublemakers or else?

(y/n): I think it's better if we calm down a little as mama said.

Laura: And you keep telling us you feel nothing for her ! 

Andre: There is only for a woman that you could try to be good otherwise I conclude that you are sick.

You pout and change the subject as you continue to eat.

Laura: Omg omg guys I forgot to tell you something!

Andre: Spill the tea gurl.

Laura: Jeff from last year is gay!

Katy: Wait Karen's brother???

Karen is the dumb bitch who harassed max. The chick is homophobic.🤢

Laura: Yes! can you imagine her reaction when she found out!

(y/n): I bet she doesn't see him as a human anymore, she's so stupid.

Max: Indeed she is, believe me, I know it better than anyone else.

You pat Max's shoulder seeing that it brings back bad memories to him and you talk about something else to keep him from feeling bad. After chatting for a while longer you pay the food and go to class. You want to be late as usual but not late enough to get in trouble. You are having a boring day since you can't see Mrs. Theron. The next time you have her in class is Friday so you can't wait to see her. You stay at Katy's until Friday, telling her over and over again how grateful you are that she lodges you when things are not going well. From your mother's side there hasn't been a single message or call to know if you're okay but you're used to it.

Time jump - Friday at 10am break

For once you are not with your friends, you have gone to hide behind a building to smoke, which is not allowed inside the university. You lean against a wall and hear a notification on your phone, it's your mother. Finally. You have a message from "the girl who gave birth to me": "U alive?" You just answer "yea" You have a message from "the girl who gave birth to me": "K" You sigh and put your phone away then you take out a cigarette, now you really need one but you are interrupted by a familiar voice "You are not supposed to smoke here, you know that?"

I wonder who it is hmm it's so hard to guess 👀

-Djedje