01| No Regrets

-:Cecelia's PoV:-

1 year later
(Cecelia - 12 y/o)

"Are you sure you don't want to go, Cecelia?" My grandmother asked, stroking my hair.

"Yes, grandma," I sighed, snuggling into her side.

"Why? They miss you," she persisted gently, trying to persuade me.

"I really don't want to go," I told her. "I like it here."

"But-"

"If they want, they can come and meet me here, don't you think?" I asked her. She sighed in defeat.

"Fine, it's up to you," she gave in.

"Thank you, grandma," I grinned at her, getting up.

"Where are you off to?" she asked, knowing well enough of the 'where'.

"Training," I humored her nonetheless. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

Last year, the very mention of training would've sent me into a fit of tears. Actually, any mention of physical activity would do that. Although dad was strict, he could never bring himself to force me into a lot of things. I was his princess, after all. 

He had no problem sending you here though.

Shut up. I like it here.

Keep telling yourself that.

*************************

2 years later
(Cecelia - 13 y/o)

"Catch me if you can, slowpoke," I teased as I sprinted across the field. He was hot on my tail, close yet too far. He lunged at me, but I was prepared for it and I pushed myself harder. He missed me.

"Damn it, Lia!" He groaned, falling on the ground. I screeched to a halt, laughing when I saw him flat on the ground.

"You missed me again, you tortoise," I chaffed, walking back to him. He sat upon his haunches.

"Come here," he suddenly jumped at me. I was not anticipating it, so he ended up tackling me to the ground. He fell on top of me, rolling off almost immediately.

"You were saying?" He taunted, picking at the grass.

"That was cheating," I accused, hugging my legs to my chest.

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes.

"Don't you miss them?" He asked after a moment of silence. I knew exactly who he was talking about.

"Every day, Julian. Everyday."

*****************************

Three years later
(Cecelia - 14 y/o)

"Why not?" My mother demanded.

"Mom, calm down," I sighed.

"No, Cecelia, I want a reason! I haven't seen you in a year!" She protested.

"We video chat every day," I deadpanned.

"Don't talk back to your mother, young lady!" She scolded.

Wow, she's changed a lot.

"Mom, now's just not a good time," I told her.

"Whenever I suggest you come over, you're busy with school. When we say we'll come and visit, you say it's not a good time," she said pointedly. "What's going on?"