22| Bruised

-:Cecelia's PoV:-

Of course, our moment didn't last long. Of bloody course. Aaron mind linked me to come back for training. He couldn't have given us a few more minutes . . . perhaps an hour. I loved my brother, but his timing absolutely sucked.

'Cece, you're late,' his voice entered my mind. I groaned, cursing myself for not blocking the mind links. I couldn't even ignore him, or he would freak out. I did not want that on my conscience.

'Gimme a few minutes,' I replied petulantly, hugging Ash closer. My cheek rested on his shoulder while my nose was buried in the crook of his neck. He responded by kissing the top of my head and hugging me tighter as well.

'Cecelia, training. Now.' He bellowed and shut the link. I groaned in frustration.

"What is it?" Ashton asked, pulling away to look at me. "Does it still hurt?"

"Ash, no," I murmured, touched. "Aaron just mind-linked me about training."

He sighed, checking his watch.

"We are late," he deduced.

"Exactly," I said. "So as much as I love this, we need to get moving."

"You love this, hun?" He smirked, not letting me up. I narrowed my eyes at him despite the butterflies in my belly.

"Ashton," I said in a warning tone.

"Cecelia," he mocked, tickling my sides. I laughed, pushing him away and this time he let me scramble away.

"I hate you," I snorted, packing up our picnic quickly. By packing up, I meant throwing things in the basket and gathering up the cloth we were sitting on in a bunch.

"Really?" He challenged, helping me.

"Yeah," I stood up, making sure I had my phone on me.

"Let's see about that," he advanced at me. I chuckled, foreseeing what was next.

"Catch me if you can," I taunted, breaking into a sprint towards the Packhouse. I was weak, but not too much. I'd been training any time I could even in the past week. Endurance and tolerance were essential. You can never know when you might need either.

Although Ashton was taller and hence had a bigger stride, I was smaller and more nimble. Not to mention I had a good head start. Or rather, that cocky asshole let me have one. Too bad. He was several meters behind me. I heard him cursing under his breath and laughed.

Serves him right for underestimating me.

Sera was howling with excitement. She loved the chase but for entirely different reasons than mine. Her thoughts made me barf a little in my mouth so I blocked her out. 

Alas, Ashton was closing in on me slowly and he was eventually just a few steps away.

"I'm going to get you now," he said smugly, not out of breath at all. Now that, I found hot.

"We'll see about that," I retorted, pushing myself harder.

He groaned as he fell behind a little. Then, without warning, he was shifting and pouncing on me, pinning me down. Despite the onslaught of sparks, I screeched loudly. Sera yipped, penetrating my block. Xavier sat down on me heavily. The picnic basket went flying across the forest floor.

"Ashton!" I scolded. He didn't budge and I groaned. "Xav, please let me move," I begged, trying not to swallow the dirt. He woofed and stood up with me still lying between his fours. I tried to crawl away from underneath him but he walked back and forth, making sure I couldn't.