13| Burn

-:Cecelia's PoV:-

"Silver?" Aston hissed. He took my hand gently, inspecting the burn that refused to heal as it should have.

Because of silver.

"Are you okay, Luna?" The brown-haired boy asked. My eyes widened.

Ashton told them?

"They were right next to me when I recognized you as my mate, Cecelia," Ashton read my face. "And besides, they're my best friends. I would have told them regardless."

I swallowed and forced a nod.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said with a small smile.

"I'm Noel, Ashton's third in command," he introduced himself, grinning. That was contagious and I found myself smiling wider too.

"Call me Cecelia," I told him. Ashton frowned at that. I ignored him, suddenly remembering his behavior last night.

"Hayden, second in command," the blonde on smiled. I smiled in return again.

"Nice to meet you," I said politely. It became awkward. I was at a loss for words. What do you say to your mate's best friends?

Julian sensed it and finally interrupted.

"Let's get you patched up," Julian suggested, eyeing how the burn was bleeding. I sighed. A bandage would help. And cleaning all the remnants of silver would speed up the recovery, even if just a little.

"Sure," I said, almost relieved.

"I'll come with you," Ashton stated.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow. You would think he would learn after last night.

"With you guys," he corrected reluctantly.

"That's what I thought," I muttered.

"We'll come too," Hayden and Noel said simultaneously. I got an idea and grinned evilly on the inside. I brought my good hand to my hip and stood in an arrogant pose. I looked at them questioningly.

"Will you?" I asked haughtily. They looked at each other, a little alarmed.

"We mean, c-can we?" They stuttered. I bit back a laugh. Julian wasn't so successful. He chortled. My cover blown, I laughed with him. Their reaction was priceless.

"Of course you can!" I laughed. "It's a free country."

They chuckled nervously. Ashton smirked.

"Every time," Julian muttered under his breath.

"Almost every time, Jules," I corrected sweetly.

"Right," he drawled.

"Shall we?" Ashton cleared his throat.

"Hmm," I agreed. As soon as my distraction was over, I felt the pain in my hand. It burned and it felt hot. Sera whined and whimpered. The silver had gotten to her. Shit. They must have used a lot of it.

Whoever they were.

They pushed the door to the infirmary and ushered me in. The nurse, a middle-aged lady, put down her magazine and looked at us with a scrutinizing gaze.

"Yes?" She asked, "How many I help you all?

"Her hand is bleeding, do we really need to answer that?" Ashton snapped. Out of reflex, I placed my good hand on his forearm without even glancing at him. I felt him relax under my touch. I smirked internally. So he was affected by me, after all.