44| Epilogue

-:Cecelia's POV:-

The apartment door opened and closed. I heard his quiet tread and smiled to myself. He seemed to be dragging his feet. He was tired, just like I had predicted. I heard the keys dropping into the bowl and him walking into the living room.

"I'm back," he called though we both knew I knew. I still had sensitive hearing, though not as sharp as it used to be. He walked into the kitchen, hugging me from behind. He rested his chin on my shoulder and I leaned into him slightly. He still smelt of oak and dew to me.

"How was your day?" I asked him.

"Terrible. I'm so tired," he sighed.

"I guessed. Freshen up. Dinner is almost ready," I said. "Eat and then you can take a nap."

"You're the best," he kissed me.

"I know," I grinned, kissing him back. Still smiling, I shooed him off.

Fridays were his worst and Tuesdays were mine. We each had a load of classes on those days and we were always tired after it. My Fridays were practically free but he wasn't so lucky with his Tuesdays. We still made it work; we had our Sundays, after all. We studied together, watched movies and relaxed. 

College was harder than we thought.

Ashton ate dinner like he hadn't seen food in his entire life. He practically inhaled it all. 

"Did you eat the sandwiches I packed you?" I asked him. I had packed him eight of them that day.

"I did. At lunch."

"Why didn't you eat something from the Cafeteria if you were so hungry?" I frowned. 

"I wanted to eat with you," he shrugged easily.

"Ashton," I chided, serving him seconds. He gladly began attacking that too. I chuckled at his frantic movements and ate my own dinner. 

Werewolf apatite.

Later, I did the dishes while he watched some football. He offered to help but I declined. He was too tired as it is. I walked back into the living room to see him snoring. I smiled, capturing his adorable expression with my phone. I made it my home screen. My lock screen was already a photo of us from Julian and Liana's wedding a year ago. I was a bridesmaid while Diana was the Maid of Honor.

I knew he'd wake up soon anyway so I went into the bedroom and fetched a blanket. I walked back and draped it over him. I gently pried the remote from his grasp and shut the TV off. He didn't even stir. He kept sleeping on like a baby.

I switched off the lights in the living room and went back into our bedroom. I had a few assignments to work on and a lot to catch up on.

"You didn't wake me," his groggy voice made me jump, breaking my concentration. The pen made a huge scratch on the page I was working on and I winced inwardly at the scar on my neat work. I hadn't heard him wake up. I turned around in my chair to see him standing in the doorway, his eyes squinting and his hair mussed.

"You looked like you needed some sleep. I'm sorry," I said softly, smiling a little at his appearance.

"Why haven't you slept yet?" He shook his head lightly.

"I'll sleep soon," I said, glancing at the time. I was shocked to see it was over one thirty in the morning. He had slept for a long time. He must've been really tired.

"No," he said firmly. "You're sleeping now."

"Ash, I have to-"

"I know you'll get up at six in the morning to go to the gym. Sleep. Even a werewolf needs at least five hours."

"Okay, just let me do this o-"

"No. Come on," he lifted me off the chair effortlessly and gently set me down on the bed. I pouted like a kid. 

"At least cap the pen," I huffed, stifling a yawn. With the look he gave me, I did a terrible job. He picked up my pen and capped it deliberately, looking at me with a teasing look that said 'happy now?' I stuck my tongue out in response and he chuckled, dropping the pen back on the table.

"You're skipping gym tomorrow," he stated, taking off his shirt and discarding it on the floor. He switched off the main lights and climbed into the bed. I lay down as well and he pulled the cover over both of us.

"But-"

"You will fall sick. Take a break. It's okay," he said in a soothing voice. I yawned widely and nodded, relenting. A break sounded good.

"Your phone?" he demanded. I pouted but passed it to him nonetheless. I knew what he would do. I was low key hoping he'd forget.

"There you go," he handed it back to me after a while, "Alarm deactivated. Now, sleep," he pulled me close to him. I went willingly. He reached behind himself to switch off the bedside lamp. Then he turned back and wrapped his arms around me. 

"Good night," he whispered, kissing my forehead.

"G'night," I mumbled into his chest, cocooned in his scent and already half asleep.

Yeah, life was good.

*********************************

A/N:-

DOUBLE UPDATE!!! Yayy!!

How did you like it??

That's the end of the main story. I have a few ideas for bonus chapters, so keep an eye out for them. Thanks for reading!

Comment your thoughts on the book. Vote for the chapters you liked to show your support. Share if you think it's worth it.

If you liked the book, please vote, guys! I understand that when you're reading it slips your mind, but please, consider going back and doing it in one go. It'll make me really happy. Thanks.❤❤

Until next time, all my love,
xoxo.