You/Violet Evergarden - Love Part 2

AN: WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING PROMPTS UNTIL I'VE CAUGHT UP WITH ALL REQUESTS. Thank you for understanding

Throughout her entire recovery process, Violet never stopped asking about you

Throughout her entire recovery process, Violet never stopped asking about you. She kept questioning the sergeant about why you wouldn't send her letter or even send her messages but all he would tell her was that you were still in recovery.

"Will you at least send her a message, Major Gilbert?"

He freezes at her words. He should've told her about your death since the beginning but now it was too late. He knew that the news would hinder her recovery process and he couldn't take any chances. She needed to get better.

"Of course, Violet. What do you wish for me to tell her?"

"Tell her that I'll be visiting soon to help take care of her."

"Violet, you're injured...."

"She saved me. I need to repay her in some way."

"Alright, Violet. I'll tell her."

X

To help her get used to her arms, Violet was told to write. She didn't know what at first but then she started writing reports to you about her recovery process. She handed them to Major Gilbert so that he could deliver them to you so you could know the progress that she was making.

While Violet's reports were only meant to update you about her recovery progress, it killed Gilbert to receive them. They were meant to be delivered to you but instead they were just piling up in a drawer of his office. He needed to come clean about what really happened during that night at the fort.

X

A couple of more weeks pass by and Violet is finally allowed to leave the hospital after making a full recovery. Gilbert is there to greet her with a smile as she comes outside.

"I want to go see, (y/n). I'm better now."

"Violet, I think it's best for you to wait. You recovered quickly but (y/n)'s progress has been slow."

"Please, Major Gilbert. I need to see her. It's been months and I can't go on any longer."

Gilbert wanted to tell her no but he knew it was time to come clean.

"Alright. We'll go see her."

X

Violet was confused as the Major led her down a serious of gravestones. He had promised her to take her to visit you so she wasn't sure why he had taken her to a cemetery.

"Major Gilbert, why are we here? You promised to let me visit, (y/n)."

He stops walking to turn around and face her.

"I haven't been entirely honest with you, Violet. There's something you need to know."

"Can it wait? I..."

"It can't. I've been waiting to tell you this for months and I kept quiet about it for too long. (y/n), didn't make it. She died back in the fort."

"No. That's not true. You're lying. Y..you..."

"I'm sorry, Violet. I wish I was lying but I'm not."

"I..I need to see her. I need to see her grave."

Gilbert doesn't say another word as he leads her down several more gravestones until he arrives to the one that reads your name.

"All those reports....those messages that I gave you to tell her... everything was all a lie?"

"You have to understand that your recovery was my priority."

She falls to her knees to trace the letters that had been engraved on the stone. Tears to fall when she traces the day of your death. It was the same day that the army had decided to infiltrate the fort.

"She's gone." She tells herself quietly. "She can't be gone. I can't live for the two of us. I need her. I need her!"

Gilbert stayed quiet as he watched Violet breakdown. He had expected her to be upset about your death but not to this extreme. It was like a part of her had died after she learned that you had passed away.

Violet hated herself for not being able to understand the words 'I love you.' You had said with such passion that made her realize that they meant a lot. The worst part of it all was that she couldn't even say them back.

--------------

All characters are 18+

Irina J.... - Check

--------------