nine. another invitation

Your mouth tastes disgusting, like rotting meat. Stirring in the soft bedsheets of the hotel bed, you groan out in discomfort. Your stomach feels empty and your throat burns, it feels dryer than the air around you and your eyes struggle to open for a few moments.

Soon you sit up, groggily staring down at your clothing and furrowing your brows. You seem to be wearing old pajamas, like the ones Alastor wears. But that was strange since you didn't even change last night.

Speaking of last night...what happened?

With a foggy head you raise your hands to grasp your skull. Exhaling shakily and swallowing painfully, your eyes fall shut and you begin to remember last nights events. For some reason you feel...hungover but you didn't drink a drop of alcohol last night.

Then things begin to click into place and you find yourself visibly cringing.

Confronting Alastor about why he had been so weird about the pocket watch only for your conversation to be stopped by a sudden pain erupting in your stomach. "Oh heavens...",you whisper softly. You remember hurling all over the hotel floor and feeling sick.

Remembering what you ate that day you curse softly. The brown recluse spider demons...how could you forget!

"Oh no...",you mumble out while dropping your hands and tilting your head back. Then you recall Alastor cleaning the mess with a snap of his fingers, he also changed your attire with the same motion, and he carried you upstairs.

Your eyes flutter open and your hands shift upwards to hold your warm face. The thought of Alastor taking care of you is sweet and it brings warmth into your entire body—especially your heart and soul. But for some reason you can't remember anything after Alastor walking up the steps.

A soft groan leaves your lips and you kick the blankets off of you. Worry begins to dip into your mind wondering if anything happened. Did you tell him anything? Say anything humiliating? Maybe you did something humiliating? The thought of it makes you visibly cringe further and you smack your hand down in frustration.

Looking down when you hit something not as soft as the bed your eyes widen. The photograph of you and Theodora rests out in the open. Covering your mouth, you grab the photograph quickly.

"Oh nononono...",you say in a rushed and fumbled manner while staring down at the photo. Did you tell Alastor...everything? The thought of it brings immense pain to your chest and an overbearing feeling of anxiety. Squeezing your eyes shut, you try to remember as hard as you can.

"Angel? Where did you come from?"

Your eyes shoot open in horror when you recall a small portion, you remember everything you told Angel Dust up until your mind went foggy with sleep.

Covering your mouth, you quickly kick off the rest of the blankets and sheets. Jumping out of the comfort of bed and ignoring the way your legs wobble and you stumble, you run out of the room and down the hall.

With a thumping heart and panic you reach Angel's room and begin to knock furiously.

He's going to tell him. Angel's going to tell Alastor! Why wouldn't he? He doesn't even like or care about me and he seems to enjoy drama!

Tears begin to sting your eyes and you continue to furiously pound at the door. Dread, guilt, and shame completely entangle your intestines and soul. Finally the door opens and you step back to see Angel walking out with a furious expression. "Augh what the fuck—"

"Please don't tell Alastor."

Angel is groggy and still half asleep when you grab his hands and look up at him with pleading eyes. He blinks back a bit and you shake your head gently. You look absolutely crushed and desperate. His eyes widen and he wakes up when he registers what you said.