part 23: new mega best friend

"I wonder what spinel and (name) are up to?" Blue wondered out loud, walking down the halls alongside yellow, with Steven in front looking around.

"I was told they were playing a new game they came up with." Yellow affirmed, rubbing her chin. "Something called 'hide and tag'?"

Blue giggled softly. "It's so refreshing to see spinel so lively again." She smiles placidly, in a near daydream state. "You were certainly right about that (Name) Spinel, Steven!"

Steven chuckled with a shrug. "I... had a hutch they'd be helpful."

He stops suddenly, squinting in thought.

"Speaking of which, where are they?"

As Yellow went to respond, a goofy (high/low) southern voice suddenly sounded from ahead of them.

"YIPPEE!"

They all snapped their heads up in the direction of the bubbly voice, only to gasp at a large spinel approaching them wearing a big friendly grin on their face. With a cheerful giggle, the large gem suddenly, lands infront of the younger boy, their eyes bouncing subtly from the empact as they focused on him with childish excitement. "It's so nice to finally meet you!"

"Whoa...!" Steven exclaimed, stepping back a few paces in shock and mild unsettlement at the abnormally wide, buck toothed grin they gave him. "Who are you?"

The mysterious spinel let out a feigned gasp of surprise, setting a hand on their chest. "Who am I? Why, I'm (Fusion)!"

 "Who am I? Why, I'm (Fusion)!"

"Your new MEGA BEST FRIEND!"

They giggled excitedly, bouncing from foot to foot, as steven stared flabbergasted at the fusion, before redirecting his confused, wide-eyed stare up at the two diamonds, as if he were asking what they thought of this.

Blue was initially stunned, but soon broke into a fit of giggles, while Yellow simply lifted her brow.

"...I believe we have our answer here.."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was a week ago.

Around now, everyone knew the grand mega spinel, (Fusion), whom everyone quickly grew attached to.

They were a perfect mix of the two of you; with spinel's outgoing, bubbly nature; making just about any gem laugh with witty humor and funny faces while your compassion and understanding helped to offer comfort when humor alone doesn't cheer a person up.

And of course, they knew when to break, and would often take the time to enjoy themselves, and visit earth frequently, often to chat with garnet, sometimes perform silly routines for beach city and little homeworld citizens or to just play along the beachside. The only times they'd split was when the two spinels wanted to see each other's faces again.

Both earth and homeworld were more lively than ever with the big spinel.

and the Fusion itself couldn't be happier with them.

Within the Fusion, you and spinel basked in the endless warmth and adoration the Fusion experience radiated, something that made you both understand why garnet loved it so much.

You were happy together.

You were stronger together.

And best of all...

You were goofy together.~