part 3: amnesia gems!

"em... having trouble there?"

You heard Steven's tired sounding voice sound from behind you as you stared pensively at the pink gem in your hands, not only baffled by what could have happened with such a pretty, perfectly formed gem to make her pull such a horrid stunt on poor steven, but you also didn't know how to bubble a gem.

Never before have you used such a method before, let alone think about practicing it. You'd think I'd be easy, but it was actually quite challenging. You grunted in frustration, however, and stuck your hand out stubbornly, shaking your head, as if you were saying "no, no I got this" before huffing, stretching your arm up cartoonishly and itching your head, with a comical look of bewilderment.

steven gave a soft snicker at this. even if he was in a slump at the current situation, your cartoony cuteness did lighten him up a bit. Greg Universe, who you've come to know as his father, tipped his head to the side. "they... aren't really the talk-y type, huh?" He shrugged. "I... Don't know." The boy replied tiredly. "All's I know is that we have a new problem on our hands." He muttered solemnly, aiming his despair over his fallen friends. "Don't worry!" greg piped reassuringly. "They'll reform again. They always do!"

Tearing your eyes away from the magenta gem, you saw pearl's gem start to illuminate, signalling her reformation process. As it started levitating, glowing brilliantly in mid-air, Steven smiles in anticipation for his friend to re-emerge, while you watched on with a weary expression. Sure enough, however, a holographic clam appeared around it, much to your displeasure. just as I thought... after gaining greg's identity; "umGreg Universe", the clam opens and pearl reforms in a brilliant flash of light. initially, Steven was relieved to have his long time friend back, but you knew from the look on her face, she's not the pearl he knew anymore. this is further confirmed when she completely ignores steven and walks her way to greg, bowing to him introducing herself musically as his.. servant. you clapped a hand to your head, as your suspicions were affirmed.

one by one, the gems reform, all of them with no other memories then their original purposes. Ruby, meant to guard the future seeing Sapphire and Amethyst, an apperantly faulty quartz soldier, as she was smaller, around the height of ruby and sapphire due to her lengthy formation at her kindergarten. She also appears to like mimicking the movements of those who caught her eye. at this, you rubbed your chin in worried dread as you watched the amnesiac chaos unfold.

great. not only is there another dastardly danger to earth via massive, lethal injector but now there are no crystal gems to put a stop to it!

what else could happen?!

you were so wrapped up in the events unfolding, that you weren't paying attention to the gem in your hand, which had began to glow ominously. "h-hey, look out!" steven called, trying to summon his shield, but of course like his bubbles, it failed as soon as it appeared. You snapped your head to the gem, watching as it floated upwards, gulping nervously to face the angered pink gem again... but to your surprise, it... rotated into the much fitting, upright position. oh?

before you could even process it, a bright white figure suddenly plopped right into your arms, a bright, bubbly giggle erupting from it as two slender appendages snaked around your shoulders. once the light cleared, two bright black wedged eyes met yours, flaming in childish excitement. And with a bright, happy tone, the gem before you spoke.

"I'm so excited to meet you!"