part 11: uh oh...

"It'll be alright, dollface. I gotcha."

You crooned gently to the apprehensive spinel who hugging your arm, silently gazing up at you, smiling contently. Once you reached the staircase you motion spinel to wait as you stretched your neck down to address the awaiting inhabitants. Steven, who was laying on the couch almost instantly shot up. "(Name)! You've come back!" He sounded incredibly relieved as he smiled up at you. "Did you manage to-?" You cut him off with a nod. "I sure did!" You look over and nod at her, and with a smile, she nods back, allowing you to lead her to the platform to reveal herself. "ta-da!"

almost, the gems immediately take defense, summoning their weapons, with the exception of the amnesiac garnet who innocently asks; "spinel! did you change your hair?" In a reflexive manner, you put an arm in front of her defensively. "Hey now, hey now, everything's fine!" Steven stepped in, his own hands up in defense. "Y-yeah! Spinel got her memories back, but she won't hurt us now." Suddenly connie bursts in with that pink lion, unsheathing her sword, up and ready. "I'm here! where's the-" her eyes flick to you, and she suddenly looked curiously confused. "Who's that?" Steven stood in front of you and spinel. "everything's chill!" after a moment's tension the air settles. with a huff of relief, he turns to spinel. however, he flicks his eyes to you, expectantly. you nod, rubbing her shoulder. "Well? You ready, shug?" you ask, smiling excitedly, squeezing her hand. she chuckles offering a soft squeeze and nods.

"let's go!"
~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the injector sight, it has reached critical condition. the dreaded pink poison has now began to overflow from the grown and everything around it was dead and grey. spinel approached the injector, you stood back, beside garnet and the others.

She back at you for a moment, prompting a nod and wink from you. looking back up and the mechanism, she coils her pinkie into the shape of a cone and with a deep breath, blew into her fist, forming that same foghorn like noise from earlier that morning. you watched in awe as the object dislodges itself from the earth and raise into the air and close up, becoming dormant once.

"Fantastic! you did it!" you exclaimed, bouncing up and down in excitement, making your ears and hat bounce with you. she giggles, blushing lightly at your praise as steven approached her. "Thanks, spinel." Steven breaths, shaking her hand. "Aw gee... heh.. what are friends for?" He then quickly turns away from her, shifting his attention to garnet, who had suddenly started playing with your "ear" tufts.

"Now all we need are garnet's memories and my powers back and we can regain our happily ever after." You blinked, slightly taken aback by how quickly he shifted his attention. That's ons determined child... "What could work for garnet? something about fusion.. something about love..."

"But what about me?"

you glance at spinel, who looked quite hurt. "Is that all you needed me for? to turn off my injector?" Steven looked startled. "No. well... sorta... but-" spinel broke into his sentence, now sounding slightly unnerved. "well, now what? I-I-I did what you wanted. that's it?" Upon seeing her start to tremble, A sudden sense of dread began to rise up on you. Oh no... he's triggered something.. "well. yeah we can just... forget this whole thing ever happened." You looked at the boy, your face equivalent to a facepalm. "Steven..!" he looked back at you with a clueless 'what'? Shrug, not noticing the betrayed look spinel wore. "How are you gonna forget with me around? I'm the source of all your problems." she said, sanity slowly starting to unravel from anxiousness. "What's your plan for me, huh? you gonna put me somewhere? gonna leave me? somewhere? YOU GONNA LEAVE ME ALONE!?" You gaped at her, almost terrified, but sympathetic all the same.

"Spinel, baby-!" you exclaimed, trying to run to her, only to find that garnet still gripped your arm. "Em, could ya please let go a me there for a moment, hun?" You tugged impatiently at her grip, your "ears" flattening in anxiety, which only made her more intrigued as she smiled somewhat childishly, taking hold of your fluffy tuft. "How do you do that?"