11-Wrong Table

I managed to sleep 7 hours last night. I never sleep that much but last night, I didn't get any nightmares.

I'm pondering this fact as I'm in 3rd period because I realize I've been actually paying attention in my classes so far. And that's a rare occurrence.

I should probably actually pay attention instead of thinking about how I paid attention today.

I focus my mind back on the subject of History. We're learning about the constitution. I usually actually enjoy History.

Before I can actually pay any attention, the bell rings. I'll probably fail my next history test.

Nonetheless, I grab my bag and walk to my locker to put it away before lunch.

I walk to Kaileys locker since it's close to mine so we can walk to lunch together.

Hand in hand, we walk towards the lunchroom, catching each other up on what's happened in our days so far.

"Mr. Lohill is an absolute bitch. He makes us put our phones in the front of the classroom at the beginning of every class because he doesn't trust us. I hate math." She's already not a math kinda gal so having a bad teacher sucks.

We continue talking while walking over to our usual table. Leila and Jay are already there.

About to sit down I hear none other than Kai Dalton call my name.

"Little Hart! Wrong table!" He walks up to me, grinning.

"What can I do for you?" I reply, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Come sit with meeeeee." He complains, pulling on my arm.

"I'm quite happy where I am, with my friends."

"They'll come! The more the merrier! Come on now, chop chop!" He claps his hands together, dragging Jay now.

My friends follow.

I stand up begrudgingly, in defeat.

I quite liked our table.

We sit down at an empty table that in about 30 seconds is fully occupied by quite a few (almost all) of the football players.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I mumble, as Aiden slides in the seat next to me.

"You sure are antisocial aren't you." Cameron, one of the football players, says. He clearly heard my comment.

"I'm not antisocial, I just don't like you guys." I reply, smoothly.

"Ouch. That one hurt right here." Cameron points to his heart.

"And you've just given me greater reason to not like you."

I hate how fake they all seem. It's like they don't ever talk about real subjects. It's all partying, fucking girls and winning. Which by some account is all the same thing.

Aiden is the exception of the team. He doesn't like them, he'd rather stay home and watch tv than hang out with people.

We're opposites that way.

The only guy from the team he hangs out with is Kai because he's really sweet.

He only sits with them at lunch because it makes things easier for him at practice. It makes it easier to pretend he's one of them.

"What did I do wrong?" Cameron pouts. "What can I do to earn your love." He puts his hand on his chest in a dramatic way.

I just roll my eyes.

I see Ashton come in and sit down in the seat across from me. He tried out for the team on Friday and, clearly, made it.

I don't know why he wants to be friends with these bimbos. He could do so much better.

"Hey pretty boy." I acknowledge him.

"Hey Sunflower." He smirks at me, knowing I hate the nickname.

"Ohhh, you two are a thing." Cameron says, looking between us.

"God no, she's just a friend. Besides it's weird to date Aiden's little sister."

Well fuck.

Thats nice to know.

Ok now it's the time I move on from him even though we never even dated. This has happened before so I'm well accustomed.

"I'm not his fucking little sister, we're the same age." I have this need to correct him. "But yeah, we're not a thing."

Jay let's out a laugh and then looks around shocked seeing as he did that out loud. Sometimes he can be really dumb.

I see Kailey whisper something in his ear and he quiets down. She probably whispered something along the lines of 'shut the fuck up before you embarrass your best friend who's so amazing.'

At least that's what I would've said.

"Although this has been a riveting conversation, I have to ask, why are you sitting here? Not to be rude or anything cause you're fun to hang out with but.." Leo, a different football player who's also an ass, trails off.

"I forced them!" Kai exclaims, sounding proud as could be.

"Of course you did." I hear Ashton mumble, and I stifle a laugh.

I see a text notification on my phone.

Lee-Lee crazy bitch 🔪: just friends my ass

I simply flip her off.

Leo gives me a weird look because it probably looks like I'm flipping her off for no reason whatsoever.

"It's so much harder to actually talk when your with so many people, how can you stand this?" Aiden whispers in my ear and I just laugh.

"Maybe try and actually start a conversation you care about." I whisper back to him. He clears his throat and everyone looks at him.

"So..practice on Wednesday.." He sounds unmistakably awkward.

"Least favorite teacher.." I step in trying to make it less awkward. I point towards Pretty boy. "Go."

"Mr. Lohill. He gives us so much work and refuses to answer questions." He replied quickly.

"I fucking second that." Kailey agrees with him.

"Same." Adds Leo.

"What a fun bonding experience!" Kai exclaims. He really is insane. 

We laugh.

Just as it was starting to get a little less awkward, the bell rung.

Fan-fucking-tastic.
~~~~
A/N: This was a filler chapter and I tried to not make it boring but I was focusing most of my attention on planning out the next ten chapters because I like having things organized.

I promise the next one is more eventful. Things are getting really juicy within the next few chapters so prepare for that.

Please vote and comment!

I love you all and thank you so much for reading.
(Also it's unedited per usual so don't roast me if there are mistakes)
kisses 💋
x