Chapter 15

"We should meet one last time to finish the final touches of the project before you have to present it" Isabella said as they walked down the university hallways.

"When was that 'amazing' day again?" Casey asked with a sigh of frustration.

"The end of next week, before the Christmas break. Are you nervous?" Isabella asked, turning to look at Casey.

"Of course I am. I hate being in the middle of big crowds, especially when I'm the center of attention"

"Everything will be fine. Me and Holly will be there to cheer for you throughout the whole time" Isabella laughed and subconsciously reached to hold her hand.

In the past few days, Casey constantly noticed Isabella's growing clinginess. She would always find excuses to hold her hands, hug her or just sit as near as possible to the point she was almost sitting on Casey's lap. The girl didn't know where was all that coming from or what it meant to the redhead, but given Casey's fattest crush ever, she wasn't going to complain about it.

Meanwhile, Isabella could proudly announce, at least to herself, that she finally knew what was the weird feeling twirling around her belly every time she was in Casey's company.

All day at university, instead of paying attention, Casey and Isabella teased and played with each other in the middle of the class while at the same time being 'careful' not to get caught by the lecturer. Sadly, they failed miserably when Casey tried to pull Isabella's hair, making her let a loud scream and startling the teacher. Casey stood with her head lowered, looking like a puppy caught in act, as she got scolded for her inappropriate behavior during class.

Isabella found her pouted lips so extremely cute that she wished she could bend over the empty space separating them and kiss her right there and then. It had been just a few days since she finally understood the butterflies in her stomach and she was happily exploring the feeling.

She grew up loving Casey. How could she not notice that earlier?

Maybe it was Casey's always understanding and supportive persona, maybe it was the way she cared about those close to her, maybe it was the way she could always find a way to make every dull day happier and enjoyable, maybe it was the way she would always listen to anything Isabella had to say without a single complaint, maybe it was the struggles and torment she had gone through in her childhood.

Or maybe it could have been her perly white smile that the redhead couldn't help but mirror every time she saw it, maybe it was the platinum gray eyes that stared into her bared soul every time they found themselves into a subconscious staring contest, maybe it was the plump, pink, soft and so kissable looking pair of lips Isabella wished to devour every time they would lean closer. Maybe it was just her perfectly shaped body, deep black hair, slightly deeper and sometimes husker, extremely attractive, voice.

There were so many reasons for Isabella to love this girl, but the main one would always be just Casey. Simply her whole existence, because it didn't matter what it was exactly. At the end of the day, it was all a part of the same perfectly created human being, and she loved every single part of it. She simply loved her. Isabella felt so happy knowing that.

"Oh, here they are!" the redhead said and waved at Holly and the most recent addition to their friend group - Carly Parker.

*****

Casey, Isabella and Holly made it a habit to spend time together at the nearby café after they finished classes and hide from the coldness of December under a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate. It kind of helped Casey finally get closer to Holly to the point she considered her a friend, almost. She was weird.