Chapter 18: Solution (part-1)

"Janet, you are dead?" I said. I was getting worried because so many negative thoughts were running through my mind. No no no please Janet. Please say you are not dead. Please.

"I am in transition." She said.

"Huh!?" I couldn't understand what it meant.

"I am between life and death. Right now I am dead but I can be alive again." She said and I felt a little relaxed. At least she can be alive again.

"Thank god, Janet you scared me. I thought you are..." I was cut off in the middle and she said, "Jeremy, I will explain everything to you later because I don't have much time right now. I will have to go back in a few minutes"

I nodded in understanding and she continued, "I figured out how to kill Cassandra, but I need your help."

"I will help you," I said.

She nodded and put her hand in the pocket of her jacket and took out a small vial filled with some liquid. She handed it to me and said, "drink it, Jeremy."

"What is it?" I asked.

"My blood," she said.

"What!?" I felt weird.

"Don't worry, you will be fine. Trust me. Everything will be fine Jeremy. Please drink it." She said.

I smiled and said, "I trust you, Janet." I drank it and then asked her, "so what's the plan?" As soon as I asked, I saw that tears started flowing from her eyes.

"Ja.. Janet.. what's wrong? Are you ok?" I started panicking. Did I say something wrong? Why is she crying? I thought.

Instantly, she hugged me tightly and I got speechless when she said, "I love you too."

"Ja.." she disappeared before I could say anything.

I was silent for few seconds and then a smile came to my lips, "I love you too." I repeated her sentence while thinking, does that mean she knows I love her? But how? I never confessed.
--------------------------------------------------------------

(Janet's pov)

I opened my eyes and found myself lying on the floor. I stood up and looked at the clock. It was 3:33 am. I went in front of the mirror and saw my birthmark glowing. I touched it and smirked. "You are dead Cassandra," I said and took a pen to write the note,
"I am going out.
It's urgent.
Don't worry about me.
I'll be back soon" and stuck it on the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I was standing in front of her house. My enemy's house. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. That vicious witch opened the door and asked, "you? What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk," I said.

She got a bit confused but told me to get inside.

"What's the matter?" She asked.

"I will do what you want," I said sternly.

"W..What? Yo.. you what?" She started stuttering.

"You don't need to kill me, rather I will kill myself, so you don't have to worry about my last wish," I said.

"Are you serious? No, I mean... really Janet. Will you do it?" She asked suspiciously.

"Yes," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Woh Janet! I can't believe it. Am I dreaming or what? Are you giving up!?!" She said, laughing insanely.

Don't be so happy stupid witch you have no idea what I have planned for you. I spoke in my mind and said, "because you left me no choice."

"I knew it. I knew you could do nothing but accept your fate to save your lovely friend. Sometimes we are destined to suffer." She said and my blood was boiling in anger. I wish I could kill her right at that moment.

"You made my day Janet. I appreciate your decision. And since you made me happy, I won't hurt your friend." She said.

I furrowed my brows and said, "then unlink her."

"Hahahaha...o c'mon, I am not that stupid Janet. I won't unlink her until you are dead, what if you change your mind. But don't worry I won't hurt her and I promise I will unlink her the moment you start losing your breath." She said and smirked.

"I don't believe you," I said.

"I am giving you my words, Janet, I will do what I just said. This much I can do for you, after all you are going to give your life for me." She said assuringly.

I nodded and said in my mind, RIP Cassandra.