Chapter 8: Centuries Ago (part-1)

"I am a witch... I am a witch....a witch" I was whispering. For a few moments, I felt like I was possessed by some ghosts. Somehow I managed to stand and sat down on the bed. I was too terrified and I didn't have the courage to read the journal.

But now I can't stop. I have to know the whole truth. The truth behind everything. The truth about me.

My hands were still shaking in fear but I gathered my courage and opened the journal.

I started reading...

----------------------18 July 1824---------------------

Dr Noah Branson: The city is engulfed in terror.

Mrs Katherine Milton: We should have killed her when she was born. You people unnecessarily showed sympathy towards a devil.

Mr Jimmie Johnson: Mrs Milton is right. We should have killed her... She killed her mother even.

Mrs Milton: And didn't spare her father too.

Mr Jonathan Cruise: What? How could anyone kill their parents?

Dr Branson: Because she is a devil....a devil witch. She has no mercy, no empathy. She wants what she wants.

(There was a creepy silence in the whole atmosphere. Sign of terror was prominently visible on everyone's face).

Mrs Milton: No... There's no point in sitting here twiddling our thumbs.

Mr Cruise: But what can we do? There is no way to stop her.

Mrs Milton: There is a way...

Dr Branson: What is it?

Mrs Milton: We will kill her. This is the only way.

Mr Branson: And you think it's easy to do that?

Mrs Milton: As if I don't know how dangerous she is. We have to take this risk. We all have to.... before she becomes immortal.

----------------------22 July 1824---------------------

Cassandra: These humans are nothing but useless creatures on earth. I hate them... I told Katherine millions of times to join me. But she chose the world of mankind. Poor witch! I pity you. I have always wanted to transform this world into a magical world. Dark magic! And I will. I need three kinds of soul for this. A witch's soul.... a psychic witch, a doppelganger's soul and a pure soul... the pure soul of a human. I have killed so many humans but they all have dark souls. Filled with desire, rage and hunger..... like me?! Huh! Never mind. I won't stop. I will kill more and more people until I get what I need.

"And I won't let you do that"

(Cassandra turned around and saw Katherine standing a few steps away.)

Cassandra: Hello Katherine! It's good to see you.

Katherine Milton: Stop killing people. (said grinning her teeth)

Cassandra: Or else?

Katherine: I will kill you.

Cassandra: Cliche

Katherine: Not this time. What if I say I figured out how to kill you.

Cassandra: Oh! So now you are challenging me.

Katherine: Save yourself if you can. And I am sure this time you can't.

Cassandra: Fine. Challenge accepted. And you save the future if you can.

Katherine: What? What do mean? Future?

Cassandra: Figure it out. You are not that stupid.

---------------------5 August 1824-------------------

Dr Branson: What are you doing? How long will it take to finish?

Mr Cruise: Can you finish this before the whole town turns into a corpse?

Mrs Milton: Shut up everyone! Either help me or get out. If you all don't want to see any more dead bodies then please be quiet (while putting some pieces of oak wood on the floor and sprinkling holy water over those).

Mr Johnson: Everyone please be quiet. Let her concentrate.

Mrs Milton: uayi taksak tambam qetsi.... (chanting while cutting her palm with a knife and blood is dropping on each piece of oak wood).

Mrs Milton: Now I have to link us. I need any two of you

Dr Branson: I am ready.

Mr Cruise: I am ready too.

(Katherine cut the palm of each of them. Now the blood of all three is dropping on the pieces of oak wood. All of them hold each other's palm and she continues the chant. As she is chanting the pieces of wood starts to join together and taking a shape. Finally, it takes a shape of a dagger).

Mrs Milton: It's done. This is the ultimate weapon.

Mr Cruise: Finally! (smiling)

Mrs Milton: But there is a problem!

Dr Branson: What now Mrs Milton?

Mrs Milton: This is the only weapon and it can be used only one time.

Mr Cruise: You mean if she won't die in one attempt, we can't kill her?

Mrs Milton: Yes. We have to stab her heart in one go. The weapon will destroy after one stab.

Mr Johnson: Well! We all have to be very careful.

Dr Branson: Let's not predict the future and hope for the good. Let's hope for getting what we want to get.