Chapter 19 - The Raft

Third Person POV:

"I'm sorry," Inna whispers. Natasha looks over to the girl, who was curled up into a ball in the passenger seat. Her head rested on her knees, causing her fiery hair to fall across her face. Natasha took a deep breath, trying to figure out what to say. "It's not your fault. I am glad that the person whose fault it is, is dead," Natasha says. Her voice was a mixture of worry and relief.

Inna sighed and shifted her head, Natasha glancing over to see the girls back towards her. Natasha sighed herself and went back to flying the jet.

*******

"Ok Steve, I will touch down in a minute," Natasha said into a phone that only moments ago was projecting a deep voice that bounced against the walls.

The jet's wheels squished against the ground. The heavy piece of machinery no longer gliding through the air. Natasha flicked several switches and pushed a multitude of buttons before she unbuckled her seatbelt and took the two steps to Inna's seat. The small girl has not spoken since the apology. Natasha squatted down placing her hand on the armrest of the metal seat.

"Inna, come on, we're here," she said he voice soothing. Inna lifted her head from her knees, her eyes were red and her face puffy.

"What's wrong? Are you ok?" The woman asked. Her eyebrows furred in worry. Inna refused to make eye contact with her, the jet staying silent for a long while.

Natasha opens her mouth to speak, before closing it and giving Inna a gentle smile, "You don't have to meet Steve yet if you don't want to. But, he is coming onto the jet, ok?" Inna slowly nodded her head. Before Natasha smiled at her again and got up from her squatting position on the floor.

She walked out of the jet, smiling as she met a familiar face. The super soldier gave her a confused look, "Nat?" The man, Steve, queried.

"Gotta hide from the authorities some way..." she said, raising her eyebrows.

The pair smiled at each other before embracing. The super soldier wearing a worn-out hood and jeans. They stood apart from each other. "How's Bucky?" She asked.

The super soldier took a deep breath, "Safe," he replied.

He looks behind Nat, seeing the Quinjet in its glory. "Where did you get a Quinjet?" He asked.

"A friend," Nat casually replied.

Steve shook his head at the response before the pair started to walk towards the aircraft. "Where have you been?" He asked.

Nat sighed, "Finishing some unfinished business, learning a few new things along the way." They both climbed into the Quinjet, Natasha entering the cockpit before Steve, unsurprised that Inna was no longer there. Natasha took the driver's seat, Steve sitting beside her. They both smiled at each other before the jet took off, flying into the sky.

******

A small round dish appears on the horizon in front of them. The anomaly contrasting to the deep blue sea they were flying over. As they come closer it becomes more distinct.

The once small dish now looks grand and eerie. Water gushes from its sides, the large portions of water coming out of holes in the side of the structure. The building towers over the water, the grey standing out in the blue of the sea and sky. Lights circle the building, rimming the edge of the structure. A large circle door slowly opens outward, the shape cut in half as it opened outward. Natasha placed a set of black earphones on her head, extending the microphone attached to the side. "Natasha Romanoff here, requesting landing." Her voice calmly said into the microphone. She flicked switches and clicked buttons.