Chapter 15 | Immunity

I had the pleasure of meeting the supposed male lead.

My body froze once again, overwhelmed with the amount of new pictures coming to light.

But the thing is, I have this special power.

Immunity towards main characters.

What did you expect? I have lived next to Momo for literally years, this is nothing much.

Sure, I was pretty stunned by how gorgeous he is. But I'm not really interested if it's a scene that has nothing to do with me or our good ol' Momo.

Sorry potential male lead, you have nothing against me.

I made a brief eye-contact with him and I looked away naturally and walked back inside.

Your charms might be lethal to the girls that are literally screaming upstairs, but I've already seen someone better than you.

Too bad I can't say that directly to him.

After all, even having these thoughts are already rude.

-

I sat at my seat, noticing the lack of presence beside me.

"Where's Momo?" I asked the dude behind me.

He shrugged, shaking his head.

"Huh," I placed my hand on my head and leaned on the chair, "Recess is almost over."

"I did see her going out earlier."

I turned my chair to face the dude behind me, "Hey."

He looked at me, surprised, by my beauty perhaps.

"Yes?"

I cupped my hands and whispered, "Are there any new students? Or something along those lines."

He furrowed his eyebrow and looked up at the classroom's dull ceiling before shaking his head.

"No? I mean, unless it's the teacher that you talked about earlier. But I don't think there are any new students in our grade as of right now."

Well, it seems like Haru hasn't made a move yet.

I bobbed my head down and thanked him. I turned back my chair and blankly looked at the seat beside me.

Did she met the male lead?

I shook my head in denial.

Nah, too early.

Some students came back to the classroom, except for Momo. After a minute or two, the bell rung, it stayed in my head irritatingly as I slapped my head voluntarily.

It's like my alarm clock, annoying as hell.

The students sat down, and prepared for the next period. Seeing as there are no signs of the teacher, the students started talking and the class became a bit noisy.

Yet, Momo is still isn't here.

"Where is she..."

I made a countdown in my head to predict how many seconds would it take for her to arrive.

"3,4,5..."

I could feel that the dude behind me is looking at me strangely. Do I look weird by just counting?

Maybe it's a shoujo thing.

Or is it because I'm mumbling creepily under my breath?

Yeah, maybe that's why.

"8,9, 10-"

Right when it reached 10, I could see a silhouette gracefully running towards the classroom door.