Chapter 32 | Blackout

The study sessions didn't end with just one or two meetings.

"Did you bring the food?"

Haru grinned, "Always."

He opened the door to his room as if he's a gentlemen, he's done this several times and still haven't gone tired of such act.

We've had a few study sessions for the past weeks, and I strangely find comfort in watching Haru suffer as he studied, while I read mangas because unlike a certain someone, my grades are actually consistently good.

Obviously not a straight A student, but there's a reason why I'm not in the lower classes.

"Is she coming as well?"

"Yep."

Sometimes Momo would join, but she'd usually be gone pretty quick due to... personal reasons. I'm not completely sure what she's doing nowadays despite the fact we stay right beside each other.

Today is one of those days too.

I don't like the strict way of studying, so I usually let Haru run his mouth even if I don't want to hear it. The three of us casually discussed about our weekend plans, but I kept noticing how Momo was fidgeting around nervously, constantly checking the time, her eyes darting the room as if trying to find an escape route.

She even looked at the window at one point, which was either hilarious or highly concerning. I think the former more though (there's no way our lovely shoujo heroine would do such unruly act... right?)

I heard rustling in the midst of reviewing some english vocabulary, looking up to see Momo packing up her stuff and giving Haru and I a sheepish smile.

"Thanks Yasu!" Momo beamed and I wore my sunglasses in advance, "Ah I need to go, thanks for helping me you two."

Well Haru didn't really help, since he's dumber than Momo. That, and they're really bad in japanese literature for some reason. I've never thought about it but for some reason, these two idiots is even worse in academics than I remembered.

Well Momo does redeem her bad grades with her stupidly good talent in arts.

As for Haru... no clue. But I suppose he's good at sports.

"No problem." I looked at her and questioned, "Where have you been going lately?"

"Oh uh," She scratched her cheek and smiled sheepishly, "That's a secret."

It was so conspicuous that me and Haru exchanged knowing glances to each other.

Suspicious.

I sipped my can of chocolate drink aggressively, and Haru stared at me weirdly but Momo didn't pay any mind. She slipped her tote bag on her shoulder and lightly waved, saying goodbye as her footstep echoed until I heard the front door close.

"...do you think she's hiding something?"

Haru asked me, making eye contact. I shuffled nervously under that gaze but pretended I felt nothing.

"Perhaps." I shrugged, munching on some chips. "If you're curious, how about you ask her?"

He pouted, "As if, she definitely won't tell me."

"Why won't she? You two are close."

"No, you are close to her."

I furrowed my brows together, "I am, but you know I'm not the type to ask her something right?"

He huffed and harrumphed, which made me cringe a bit but go off boy.

"Besides... we're not as close as you think."