Chapter 68

I made sure to make no noise as I climbed down the stairs. When I walked across dad's room, I saw him dozing away to glory with his laptop on. Perfect.

I tiptoed towards the door and left the house. I started walking towards the park, thinking there would be no one to see me since there weren't many houses built around it.

I was wearing a thin pajama and shirt and the cold breeze seemed to pass right through them, shaking even my bones. With my arms crossed close to my chest and my head lowered, I strode towards the bench where Stace and I once sat. 

While standing opposite to the bench and no one around, I called out," Ethan." and waited.

"Please, I need to speak to you." I spoke once again. I couldn't even tell when he would come, because I was already getting chills due to the cold weather. I had to talk to him about Edwin, but more importantly about himself. I doubted the investigation was going well, and if I didn't get some clue from Ethan, I would never be able to win their trust and be a part of his case. The Holy water itself caused so much delay and I was caught up in my own personal things to worry about Ethan. I had to talk to him.

He must've seen his killer.

And if I could get him to speak out the name, we would be very close to getting him justice.

"Ethan, please." I sighed," I want to help you. I'm sorry for not caring about you earlier and I-" I stopped in the middle of my sentence when I heard a whisper.

"You're- you're here right?" I asked a little cheerfully. He wasn't trapped anymore. He was there, around me.

"Yes." 

I felt my lungs fill up with air. He answered me and it wasn't  a whisper. It was his gentle, yet confident voice. I missed that voice so much. Only that voice had the power to melt my heart. My eyes were welling up with tears.

"Ethan..." I sobbed," Please, let me see you."

"Help me."

"I- I will help you! I promise I'll try my best." I cried," Where are you?"

My heart couldn't take it. I felt a sharp pain in my chest and found it hard to stand upright. I fell on my knees and rubbed over the left side of my chest to ease the pain,"Eth-an..." I gasped as the pain increased.

"Help me Gwen."

"Yes, I will..." I struggled to speak. 

"Help me Gwen."

"I..." was all I spoke before I blacked out.