Chapter 2- Part I

"Hey, worthless freak!" said a sturdy-looking boy while he and his friends threw paper balls at Alex. Alex didn't look at them and simply walked out of the gate to meet Jane. After walking a safe distance away from the gate Alex said with a smile on his face, "I'm gonna kill him someday. And I'm not speaking metaphorically."

"Just chill ok? He's just jealous. I mean you did hook up with his girlfriend."

"Correction- she kissed me first. And I didn't know she had a boyfriend."

"Whatever," smirked Jane. They reached a cafe where Isle, Noah, and Ava were waiting for them. Jane took the chair beside Noah while Alex took the chair beside Jane, which faced exactly opposite Ava. He leaned in closer and asked her, "So! Did you make a decision?"

Ava took a deep breath in, "Yes, I did. I won't tell anyone yet."

Alex and Jane looked confused, "What do you mean by yet?"

"You guys will have to look for a job, and after you get the job, I won't tell anyone. But if you keep doing this, I have to tell the authorities at some point."

Jane said, "Fair enough. We'll start searching again. Thank you for understanding and keeping our secret."

Soon after Alex and Jane left because they needed to study and then head to headquarters. When they left Isle told the others, "We need to do something about Jane. She can't keep this up, and I know she hates this job."

"What can we do?", asked Ava, leaning back in her chair and taking a sip of her mocha.

"Give ideas, job places, anything," replied Isle.

"They could form a band and earn money?" suggested Noah.

"Join the circus?" suggested Ava.

"Uh no, none of those. Think more practically. They could apply for a job here at this cafe?" suggested Isle.

"They aren't hiring. I don't think any shop or restaurant is hiring employees in this city. Their only option is official work," said Noah.
"Wait, Aunt Cassandra wanted a security guard for you, right Noah?" asked Isle.

"Yes, but no way in hell is Jane gonna be my personal bodyguard. Do you know how weird that is?"

"Oh come on cousin, we know you would love it. Maybe you'll build up enough courage to ask her out!" smirked Isle. Noah's cheeks grew red like tomatoes from blushing.

"Wait, Noah has a crush on Jane? Why didn't I know about this?" asked Ava, baffled.

"Oh come on, wasn't it obvious?" said Isle, still laughing.

"No? For how long di-"

"Guys concentrate. This isn't about me. We need to find Jane a job," interrupted Noah.

"Ask your mom about the security guard job," said Isle looking at Noah, and took her cup of latte.

"I will, but the last one ended up DEAD."

"Well, this time it's a trained assassin."

A/N:

Rainy day here....how's the weather from your side? 👀