Chapter 7- Part III

After about an hour, Alex and Jane came out of the hospital room.

They had explained everything to Ariana, including their job as assassins and their parents' murder. Ariana was too young to take all these at once, so with the comfort of her siblings, she fell asleep crying after a while.

The doctor came in front of the room to check on Ariana. He asked Alex and Jane, "How is she doing?"

"She's sleeping," replied Jane.

Alex asked, "When can we take her home?"

The doctor said, "Her stamina is low. She'll have to take rest at the hospital for two to three more days before she's fully functional."

Alex nodded, "Thank you, doctor." The doctor went inside Ariana's hospital cabin.

Alex turned to Jane, he took a deep breath in and said slowly to her, "I'm really sorry, for everything-"

Jane looked at his regretful face and felt uneasy because she wasn't ready to forgive him just yet. "Listen, I understand why you tried to take Noah, but you need to start doing the right thing instead of protecting your family. We can take care of ourselves. And I'm not mad at you for hurting me. Hell, I'm not even mad at you for killing Garrick, because believe me I would have attempted to do something similar. I'm angry and disappointed that you didn't tell me about the cause of our parents' death. I had a right to know that, and you kept it from me for almost a year. I didn't even hear it from you, I heard it from the son of a bitch who used our vulnerability to make us do terrible things."

Alex didn't say anything and just shifted his position uneasily. Jane was flustered inside her mind that he didn't have anything to say, but didn't express it. She said, "Smith is going to be after us, and to get to us he'll come after Ariana."

Alex came back to his senses and stuttered, "Yeah- yeah we need to shift Ari."

"But you heard the doctor, she needs to stay here for a few days."

Alex had already made a plan about that, "We need to find Miss Rodriguez ASAP."

"Why?" asked Jane, confused.

"Because she has friends who can help us," Alex replied, starting to walk towards the elevator.