Chapter 4:

(A/N: I suck... I know... I'm just reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyyy slow when I write things... And the chapters are short too... I'm sorry. That's all I'm gonna say lol)

I was about to bid on a boy handcuffed to a cage, that goes to my school, in an auction hall. My mother convinced me to do it and now we're just waiting for the host to start.

"Alrighty! Is everyone ready? Why don't we start the bidding at $1000?" I was the first to stand and bid for him. The host looked my way and commented about "the persistent little lady in purple" again. I wasn't smiling when I was bidding on this like my other stuff. I was told to use my usual dead expression to show that "we mean business". At least that's why my mother said.

"Anyone want to bid for $2000? Oh! I see another lady in black! Anyone want to go for $3000? The little lady in purple again!" This went on for quite a while so why don't I skip ahead towards the end?

~

"We are narrowing down the competition here! The little lady in purple has bid every other round to keep her bid in play. The woman in black and the one with the hat are also quick to make bids as well!" We have gotten to about $25,000 so far and I want to speed this along as much as possible so I can get home with my stuff as soon as possible.

I bent down and asked my dad: "Is it possible for me to raise the bid to whatever I want next round?" I had an idea to make them not bid nearly as much as before. And if possible, take out a few people.

"Sure, but... No going over $500,000." He said with a conflicted look on his face.

"I seriously doubt that he is worth anywhere near that much." I said to try and ease him away from regretting agreeing to his wife's decision.

"Can we get $27,000?! The little lady in pur-"

"May I raise the bid?" I said, cutting him off. His voice is really starting to get annoying.

"Yes! How much would you like to bid now?"

"$50,000, please." I said looking directly at the host and he looked very pleased with this amount.

"As you wish. Can anyone top $50,000?! Going once... Going twice..."

"$65,000!" The woman in black looked really desperate to get the boy. What the hell is so special about a 17 year old boy she probably can't even see...? I don't get it... Why are all the adults going nuts over him...?

"It's just the woman in black and the little lady in purple now! $65,000! Can you top that little lady?!" It was kind of obvious that the woman in black was at the end of her money very soon with that $65,000 bid. I'm trying not to get to $100,000 but if she keeps bidding what she doesn't have...

"Sure I can. $75,000." I had confidence she couldn't raise it any higher than that but people can be full of surprises.

"$75,000!!" The host was practically jumping out of his boots and the woman in black almost looked like she was down for the count. "Going once... Going twice...!" It was almost over. I was so happy to finally be going home.

"$80,000!" The other lady yelled but she was strangely looking confident this time.

I, of course, bid higher. "$85,000." This was really starting to get old at this point.

$85,000! Do we have a winner or does anyone else want to bid higher?!?!" He was practically about to burst with happiness, it looked like. Too bad he wouldn't actually burst, then half my problems would go away for the time being.

"Going once... Going twice.... Sold! To the little lady in purple!" He yelled and I heaved a sigh and plopped back down in my chair with my hand over my head to try and minimize the pain I felt.

"I won... I hope you're happy now..." It already went over an hour and half thanks to how long that last round of regular bidding and the "special item" bidding lasted. It's about 11 at night now and by the time we get back it will be after midnight.

My father was looking astonished and muttered the words "Where'd she learn how to do that..." Before my mom responded.

"Yes. Can you pick him up along with your other things while we go pay for it, please?" Mom said, looking happy and sympathetic at the same time.

"I just want to get my stuff, go home, and sleep for a week." I started walking out of the balcony and heading towards the back of the stage. I was stopped by a few people to have them say "congratulations" and "nice job", and I didn't want to be rude so I said thanks and ended the conversation as fast as possible.

I love my parents but the things they make me do are kinda nuts... I waited until the doors to back stage were open and almost ran inside. I looked for all my stuff and tried to grab it in one go but couldn't get it all. I'll have to make 2 trips.

"Aren't you forgetting one?" One of the security guards asked me and I looked back to the thing I had to leave for the second trip.

"Yeah. I couldn't carry it so is it ok if I come back for a second trip?" I asked while already slowly making my way to the door.

"Yeah, but..."

"Okay! Thanks! I'll be right back!" I heard yes and that's good enough for me! I ran to the car to drop off my first load of stuff and my parents were paying for all the stuff we, mostly I, bought.

I just have to run back to the back stage and then run back to the car. Glad I took off my heels for that. I went back through the back stage door and grabbed the last thing. I was about to leave one last time, but the same security guard stopped me again.

"Aren't you also forgetting something else as well...?" He asked, nodding his head in the direction of the cage where the boy is.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot about that... Is there a key to unlock the cage and the handcuffs that I need?" I don't know why they needed to put him in a cage AND put him in handcuffs...

"Yes, the host has them over there." He pointed to the host and I groaned. I have to hear his annoying voice more...

I walked over to him and he just handed me the keys with two words: "have fun" and walked away. I guess he isn't like what he is on stage in real life. I looked at the cage and sighed. I unlocked the cage door and threw the key to his handcuffs and let him unhook those himself.

"Let's go. Because of you, I have a headache and I'd also like to go sleep as soon as possible so just follow behind me and please don't get lost." I probably said that colder than I needed to, but hey, he gave me a headache so he suffers the consequences. Also, as I've said many times before, I don't like people.

"Uh, yeah, sure." I heard from behind me and assumed he would just follow obediently.

I walked fast to the car and put the last thing of mine in the trunk. I got in the car and the boy was soon after.

"Are we going home now?" I asked in a pleading voice and was starting to get really tired. I did wake up at 6 this morning, so I've been awake for over 12 hours and I don't function correctly without my sleep.

My mother looked at me with a smile that said "sorry, not sorry." I swear, she acted a lot more my age than I did. Especially when it came to romance in my life. Or anyone's life, for that matter. I closed my eyes and leaned against the seat, but could still hear what was going on around me.

"You did good! He's a real looker too!" My mother responded with what sounded like her "I'm going to stare uncomfortably at this person until I feel satisfied" voice. Yes, she has a voice for that. I was starting to doze off but was able to hear that last comment she made.

"Mm." I said and started to fall asleep. Today was a long day...