Chapter 6: I See Red

Simon

Was I dreaming?

Because I swear he said yes to a date with me. I said he's going to be mine. I did say that, didn't I?

Persistence is everything. If you don't give up, you can never lose. Though I'm guessing it had more to do with him seeing me vulnerable about Felix.

I'm not gonna lie, there was a brief moment when I thought about Ashley "in that way". But that was years ago and before she and Felix started dating.

As we all know each other since we were kids, eventually we hit puberty together and feelings change or better yet "awaken".

But it was just for a brief moment and I've never thought of her like that ever since. Honestly, now I think of her more like a sister than a potential mate. It's the Goddess honest truth.

However, I did have "nightmares" about her being mated to me. And yes, I mean AFTER they've started dating. I know how much Felix loves her and it would destroy him to see her being mated away from him, most especially to me.

Honestly, I don't know if our relationship can withstand this. So yeah, it really freaked me out when Elliott said what he did. Especially considering they listened to it too. Felix is so confident that she's his mate that any suggestion to the contrary burst his bubble in an aggressive way he's simply unequipped to handle.

By unequipped I mean unwilling. He refuses to acknowledge any other possible pair for him. Even though we are the largest wolf pack in the country with almost 20 thousand members. That's a lot of people and possible matches.

Of course, only teenagers count. He can't be mated to anyone older or younger than him by more than 2 years, nor to anyone sharing his blood, obviously. Those are the Moon Goddess' rules that we learned over thousands of years of having no choice in who we get paired with. Honestly, it's crazy that this happens to us by any standard.

How does one deity have time to match every living werewolf in existence? Yes, because we've learned over time that it doesn't happen just in our pack. It happens to all werewolves. All over the world. Though, to be fair, no one is guaranteed to find their mate in life.

Still, there are a lot of possible combinations. His mate can even be already in college by now.

Anyway, that's the least of my worries. I personally have no anxiety over my mating anymore than the average teen wolf. But that is mainly because I'm not sitting around waiting for them to arrive. I'm actively pursuing my goals. And my main goal right now was just achieved.

I'm going on a date with Elliot Lockwood.

"Did something happen at school today? You haven't stopped smiling since you got home

"Did something happen at school today? You haven't stopped smiling since you got home." - Mom asked me during dinner. She had already fed the baby, so it's just the four of us at the table: she, dad, my little brother and me.