Chapter 10: Is This Love

Simon

I'm not new to this.

I don't like to brag, but I've made a lot of boys and girls happy in bed. Multiple times.

But for some reason, I feel like a virgin when I'm with Elliot.

I know this sounds like a cliché and it probably is, but that's exactly how I feel. He makes me feel giddy and silly. It's like nothing I've ever felt before. With anyone. Ever.

When I returned home, I couldn't hide my smile even if I tried. Not that I wanted to.

I arrived just in time for dinner, but my parents wouldn't let it slide. Especially not my dad.

"Where were you this afternoon? We haven't seen you since you left this morning for school. Were you with Felix?" - Dad asked me as we ate dinner.

"No, I wasn't. Something happened today at school. There was a fight and Elliot was involved, so I went to check on him after school. He got suspended by the principal." - I explained, feeling a little bashful. But it's the truth.

"I see. And this visit took you all afternoon? You even returned showered. That's some visit!" - Dad smirked with a suspicious glance my way. Mom laughed at this. Johnny is too innocent to understand the ramifications of showering before coming into the house.

"He was nice enough to let me shower at his house. I was sweating after school." - I explained to him, blushing hard. Not that anyone would believe that bullshit excuse.

"Sure, son. And I was born yesterday." - Dad wouldn't leave it alone. Mom laughed louder.

"I did nothing wrong." - I stated confidently. I'm not apologizing to him if that is what he's angling at. He better not hold his breath.

"I hope not. Because if he falls pregnant, I'll have your child support docked from your Beta paycheck. That's a promise." - Dad jabbed at me, not missing a beat. Mom gasped at this.

"You know they invented condoms, right? It's not the 19th Century anymore?" - I spat at him, angrily.

"What are condoms?" - Johnny asked me with his innocent expression.

"Thanks for that, Simon. Very mature." - Dad reprimanded me, looking furious.

"I'm sorry, mom. I didn't mean for it to come out like this. Your mate makes me lose my temper." - I told her with an apologetic glance. Dad lost it.

He slammed the table so strong I thought it would fall apart.

"You make me lose my temper!" - He yelled at me, startling my little brother and mom. I'm glad the baby isn't here or she'd wake up.

"Who do you think you are to talk to me like that? Show me some respect if you wanna live inside my house!" - Dad was fuming at me. His eyes are glowing in anger.

"I'm sorry, dad." - I apologized, lowering my head. If I antagonize him anymore he's gonna go overboard. And it wouldn't do anyone any good.

"I don't mean to make you feel bad, Simon. But if you turn up with an unmated pregnant omega, the Council might not let you become Beta of the pack." - He elaborated in a much calmer tone. Though his face looked worried sick.

"What?!" - I shouted in surprise, looking wide-eyed at him.

"Imagine the scandal... the future Beta of the pack with an unmated child. And from an omega at that. They can demand Felix to choose another Beta. It's not guaranteed." - Dad reiterated in a somber tone. Mom gasped at this. Even Johnny got scared looking at me, though he's too young to understand some of the stuff we're saying.