41. Bloody Killer

Two months ago, Cluj-Napoca
Inside Bernard Johnson's villa...

Inside Ariana's Mind

"Yes, he killed your mother, whom was an amazing woman, and like a mother to me as well. And also, he killed my family, and ruined my entire life", Simon paced around the room, hands at his back, fists clenched, his gaze forward, calculated and hateful. "I want to destroy your father, Ariana." He looked at her, blue eyes as cold as the ocean.

"And I want you to help me. I know that's why you studied law in university and got thie detective job here. Even though you never told me." Simon approached Ariana and grabbed her chin between his hands and pulled her towards him in a passionate kiss.

That's when Ariana realized Joseph was a lie. She never loved Joseph, when she was whole. She loved Simon, it had always been Simon, she was obsessed with Simon. Simon, Simon, Simon, Simon.

No one could ever torture her as sweetly as Simon.

And the truth destroyed her.

"What do you mean help you?"  Ariana asked after she finished licking his lip. "W-what do you want us to do? You want to take revenge?"

"Yes. I've been planning this since the day I escaped from Bernard's captivity." Simon pronounced her father's name with a venomous emphasis. "I have a list of everyone who helped kill your mother, and my family. Also, people who covered up the murder for so many years, while their memories were intact."

Simon handed her his little black Death Note. There were ten people written on it.

The victims of the Big Bucharest murders. All of them, the six who died, and the four who survived. All of them were somehow related to her mother's death, except the four victims who survived were deemed forgivable by Simon.

"What do you want to do with these people?" she asked Simon innocently after reading the names.

"Kill them all. Creatively, shockingly. They all will never pay for their crime if we just let them be," Simon said, his blue eyes shining with scope. He was deadly serios. Ariana wasn't sure if she wanted to kill them, even though she wasn't exactly moral.

She had never really been moral. She just didn't remember her immorality.

"We'll take our revenge, Ariana. And at the end we'll disappear. Promise me you're in this with me, if you love me," he said.

Ariana watched Ariana agree. And then, the most uncomfortable memories, who were better forgotten, came back.

The day they kidnapped Anya McGuiver that winter evening, from a nook at the train station. Ariana stood, fidgety, and looked in case anyone saw them, while Simon got the woman unconscious and tied her up then put her in their car.

Ariana had felt so uncomfortable, until she learned the woman used to be a scientist who worked alongside her father, Bernard Johnson, and was his mistress behind Alstromeria's back and encouraged him to kill her after she learned about his secret experiments on people and the mind-erasing power.

Ariana just couldn't believe he could have cheated on her gorgeous mother with such a witch, ugly looking woman as Anya McGuiver. That's why she didn't even mind watching Simon torture and interrogate her.

In the end, Ariana had been the one to drag Anya towards the river as she saw screaming and begging for her life, then drowned her with her own hands.

Letting the body flow down the river to where Big Bucharest's mayor fished was Simon's idea.

Ariana's memories came back in an alleatory order,
non-chronological order at first. They came as a war in her mind, fighting for priority to be seen.