45. After

If I die tomorrow
I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone
The spirit carries on
~ Dream Theater

Present time, London

The next day, the serial murderers couple Ariana Johnson and Simon Taylor were chained up and pushed inside a van, with an entire envoy of police cars following.

Ariana almost couldn't believe it. How low she had fallen. From the smart detective, rich girl, daughter of a CEO, and one of the most beautiful women in Britain that everyone just adored she had fallen now to a worldly-famous and infamous serial killer, daughter of a criminal and embezzler, poor and wearing a prison jumpsuit.

Some people felt badly for her, and some people hated her.

There were also some who still loved her. To some wretched souls in the world also, she might've been a hero.

She had thrown her life away for a dream and for a man. She had followed her vendetta, her revenge plan meticulously and never looked back.

She never cared about her money, about the fact that she could have a dream life, if only she had never remembered. Her mother's death and Simon.

To some people she was, hence, amazing. Her guilt was highly debated, and some people actually thought Simon had completely controlled her and it was no will of her own.

Even despite that, nobody could really debate the fact that the contemporary Bonnie and Clyde had a heart. Serial killers in history weren't famous for sparing any of their victims the way Ariana and Simon did.

Some people even wondered about the fact that, if Ariana was allowed to roam freely, she would kill anyone again. Now that she had fulfilled her scope.

They wouldn't take no chances and keep away from her in any case because they knew now what would happen if they made her mad. The blonde was crazy.

Ariana looked at Simon, beside her in the car, but knew better than to say anything. He looked at her for a second before he looked away. He couldn't bear it.

He wondered if he'll ever see her again. The only woman he ever loved, beside her mother. He had always had his drawbacks because she had his blood in her as well. Bernard's. But despite that and everything he did to her, he loved her.

She would be safe in prison, he hoped. But he wasn't sure about himself, if he'll survive.

They were being taken to a maximum security prison on an isle close by, where they'd await their trial and sentence.

Simon knew that the state of UK, and the entire world was thrilled and interested in his powers and he wouldn't ever get a cozy life in prison like Ariana. He would probably be in a forever state of dying and die, over and over again.

So, he was about to do something crazy.

After they arrived at the port, they were escorted out of the van, surrounded by guys with guns. Ariana was grabbed by two men who led her forward. She kept silent all the time and thought only about their plan.

They would be transported to the prison island by ship.

The cops led Ariana and Simon to the deck, where they were about to be parted and then they wouldn't probably see each other again until the trial, since the male prison was separated from the female quarter of course.

So Ariana looked at her guards with pleading, blue eyes.

"Can I kiss hiss one last time?" she asked. Her tone was sweet, calm, collected and she was beautiful and still had her charms. She had been as well a former detective as a serial-killer, and she had given herself in. So the escorts weren't really strict.