Chapter 9

Ophelia sat at a booth, stirring her drink, with a smile on her face. Laughter erupted from her throat. Tears threatened to pour. "You cannot be serious? Parker Turner did that?" Ophelia questions, still chuckling. "On everything I love, he did that. You can even ask her. He did." Ryan smiles, "Am I lying?"

Chloe shook her as she giggled, "He ain't lying. I remember it like it was yesterday. Talking all that shit to Harold Johnson and still got his ass kicked. They all laughed. "I still can't believe that you haven't heard about it. That happened a few weeks ago." Ryan said, sipping his drink.

Ophelia only shrugged and smiled back at him. Chloe's eyes shifted from Ryan to Ophelia and back. It was like she could see a thread connecting them that neither of the others could. She sneaks a grin as she looks down at her phone.

Putting away her phone, she excused herself from the table. Ryan and Ophelia began to chat. Laughing, touching, talking. It was like they had known each other for a long time. Ophelia had gotten comfortable with Ryan after a few weeks.

After school, they started to hang out more despite Fuschia's objections about him. Chloe came back but she didn't sit down. "Hey guys, I gotta go. Dad needs me." She lies.

"Alright, be safe Chlo." Ophelia says, hugging her. "Always." Before leaving Chloe sends Ryan a wink that went unnoticed by Ophelia. Ryan only shook his head and beamed.

"You know, I know this really cool spot that has the most amazing view. It is on the outskirts of the city. I could take you there if you want?" Ryan offers. "I would love to but I'm not allowed to ride in the car with you," Ophelia frowns, "Mother would have my head if she found out."

Ryan smirked at her words. "That's if she finds out. She won't, I promise." Ophelia thought about it for a bit, flipping back and forth through her options. Finally deciding, she replies, "Okay." Ryan beamed once again.

"Come on, let's go." Ryan paid for the drinks before they left. Ophelia looked around her surroundings, looking to see if anyone that her parents knew or if Sasha was around.

The streets were busy but no one that she recognized were amongst them. Ryan opened the door for her. Ophelia got inside, careful not to knock the bun off the top of her head.

Ryan found amusement in her actions to protect her bun. Ryan got into the car and drove off. The roads were quieter than usual. Probably because mostly people could just walk to where they were but in the teens' situation that would take all day.

Ophelia watched as buildings disappeared and trees appeared. Ryan glanced over at her a few times. Taking in small features about her. Her makeup, hair, small smile, even her wandering eyes.

It was a quiet and nearly short ride. Ryan parked on the side of the road. "We're here." He says. Ophelia peered past him, taking in the sun's beam. "It's better when we're not in the car." Ophelia nods at his words. Both teens got out of the car and walked over to the guardrail.

Ophelia's eyes widened and gasped as she got closer. Her fingers touching the hard rail. It brought a cool sensation to her fingers and sent shivers down her spine.

The setting sun beamed over the autumn forest and some of the buildings on the outskirts of the city. A warm serenity spread throughout the young girl's body. She could taste the sweetness of honey in the air as the wind blew softly. "It's beautiful." She sighed, her eyes can't break away from the scene.

It was like she had just been turned to stone by Medusa. She was awestruck. "I knew you'd like it." Ryan replies.

A satisfied grin appeared on his face. Ryan crossed his arms as he rested against the rail. Both teens stared out into the horizon. "Ryan," He hums, "thanks for bringing me out here. I don't get to explore as much as others." Ophelia thanks.

"I'm just glad you like it." He expressed content with a nod. "Like it? I love it!" She exclaimed, "I love it so much!" Ryan chuckled at her cheerful attitude. Ophelia and Ryan moved closer to each other, so they were touching as they took in the scene. "Ophelia?"

"Yes?" Ryan gently turned her face. They gazed into each other's beautiful orbs. His hazel orbs met her black ones. Ryan peeped down at her lips before back at her eyes, locking his lips as a breath escaped through his nose. The atmosphere changed, both could tell that it has.

From friendly to something else. Something completely different. You could describe it as amorous or passionate. Their lips were centimeters away. Ryan was a little hesitant.

"Kiss me," She whispers, "Kiss me, Ryan." Tilting his head slightly, Ryan leaned in, eyes closing automatically. Their lips danced. Ryan leaned back for a bit before leaning in again. His tongue licked her bottom lip, silently asking permission to enter.

She obliged to his request. Barely opening her mouth, Ryan slipped his tongue inside. Exploring every nook of mouth, collecting the sweet taste of strawberries. Their tongues fought for dominance but Ryan won. It was intoxicating.

How she looked, tasted, and sounded. Ryan and Ophelia pulled away. Foreheads rested against each other. "That was…" "Great." The teens chuckled as they finished each other's sentences. Unspoken words traveled between them. "We should go." Ophelia tells him.

"Yeah, it's getting dark but let's stay for a bit longer." He responded. "Okay." Ryan held her against his chest. She heard the soft thumps of his heart beat. All was calm as they held each other as they watched the sun disappear behind the trees.