Chapter 21

The bells chimed, carols sang their cheerful songs, while the pearly white snow glided down.

It was nearly Christmas and you were supposed to be enjoying yourself but yet Ophelia finds herself sitting outside a cafe with a warm butter biscuit being bombarded with questions by Chloe.

Despite just being released from the hospital a while ago, she decided that her best friend's new boyfriend was her new concern.

"You and Trevor? When did you two…how did you two?"  She fumbled over her questions.

"I don't know if I'm being honest. It started at the park talking about our favorite Christmas moments then the next thing I know is that he came later that night then we watched a movie and he stole my phone then the next thing I know is that we were on top of each other, making out." Ophelia answers, "I guess we got tired of just teasing each other and just went for it."

Chloe's eyes twinkled in awe. Ophelia recognized that look in her eye and warned her," Don't say it." "My baby-" "Shut up!" Chloe chuckles. "So it's official?" She asks. "Yeah, Trevor and I are officially together." Ophelia says.

Chloe leaned back in her chair, arm rested on top and the other gripped the handle of her coffee mug. "I got a good feeling about him which is a huge shock considering that it's Trevor King that you're dating and not some golden retriever good boy." Chloe said.

Ophelia chuckles a little bit as she takes a tiny bite of her biscuit. Chloe's facial expressions changed; a frown appeared on her face.

"I support you both and wish you both the best but I hope you know that not everyone is gonna be on board," Chloe says, "I mean you know how your mom and hoe of a sister are like, not to mention that prick that loves ogling at you every minute he sees you."

Ophelia sighs, "I'm not worried about them." Chloe smirks at her words as she stares at her underneath her lashes with her arms crossed. "Heh," she slightly chuckled.

Ophelia watched Chloe grimace a bit as she leaned forward. Eyes watched her movement and her expression.

"We need to get you home, you're still in pain," Ophelia tells her, standing from her chair. "I'm fine honestly," Chloe replies, avoiding eye contact with the other teen.

Ophelia sighs before squatting down to Chloe's level. She takes her hand in hers.

"Listen please don't try to cover up your pain whenever you are around me. The moment the incident happened, I've always told you not to try and act tough and pretend everything is okay," Ophelia says, scanning Chloe's face,

"You are my sister and I need you to lean on me sometimes. You are still injured both physically and mentally, just," Ophelia frowns as she grasps Chloe's hands and holds them in her own, bringing them closer to her chest, "let me be there for you."

Chloe froze, eyes watering. "Okay, okay. I will," She sobs. Ophelia stands, kisses her temple and brings her into a warm hug while Chloe sobs into her shirt. "I'll always be here."