51

"Listen, Belle! Forgiveness is not about letting someone off the hook for their actions, but it is freeing ourselves from the negative energy."

Chloe stared at him with her teary eyes, she knew he was right but how can she forget those tortures and abuse, it was scarred on her mind and soul. It will never leave her instead it will haunt her for life. She's too broken to mend.

He saw the defeated look in her eyes. She had given up!

"You know there comes a time when you'll feel like everything is finished but dear Belle that will lead you to the start of a new beginning."

She hiccuped and wrote. He was observing her quietly, and when she hiccuped he smiled. She's adorable.

"I just want it all to end. I have had enough."

"You're a fighter, Belle. Look at everything you've overcome. Remember this that God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers."

She stayed still in the same position looking into space. There was calming silence. She heaved a sigh and saw his hand holding a handkerchief towards her. She took it hesitantly and wiped her tears.

He observed her as she wiped her tears and then started writing something again. When he saw what she had written he started chuckling.

"Who's Belle?"

His chuckling turned into full-blown laughter. She gave him a confused look. What's so funny?

"Oh! haha, Let m-me breathe."

He straightens a bit and spoke still smiling.

"Instead of asking my name, you're asking me who's Belle. Well, let me break it to you. You're Belle as it means beautiful."

She made an Oh! Sound in understanding and her cheeks turned red like a tomato because of the embarrassment.

"Yeah OH!"

He started laughing again. She wanted the ground to open, so she could hide because of the embarrassment.

"You're blushing!"

He stated and kept laughing. Now she just wanted to vanish in the air. To change the topic, she wrote.

"What's your name?"

He read that as he smiled at her and extended his hand forward.

"Hi! I'm James. And you are?"

She shook his hand while smiling. And then she wrote her name on the diary and showed it to him.

"That's a beautiful name."

She nodded her head in thanks.

"So where you live? Come I'll drop you. It's quite late now."

Upon hearing his words, she looked at the sky and to her dismay, it was completely dark. She's been sitting here for the whole day. OH! GOD! Andrew will be furious. He'll kill me. She started panicking.

"Hey! Are you alright?"

She knew Andrew would be searching for her, what if he saw her with him, he will go berserk. He can hurt James. In a panic, she immediately wrote.

"Yeah, I'm fine. And thank you so much it was nice meeting you, but I must leave it's quite late."

"No need for thanks and yes it's late so let me drop you. It's not safe for you to walk alone at this time."

He isn't understanding.

"No I must leave my friends would be worried."

He understood she didn't want him to come with her. So he didn't push it further. And nodded in understanding. She wrote.

"Thank you so much for everything, I hope we'll meet again."

She forwarded her hand to shake, and they both Shook their hands. Her hold was strong and firm it was enough to indicate to him she won't give up. He smiled at her, and they both stood up he was tall and muscular.

"I hope too. So are we friends?"

He asked smiling to which she nodded in affirmation.

"Chloe!"

"Before you give up, think about why you held on so long."

I nodded at him, and he gave me his signature smile.

"Till we meet again."

With that, they both parted ways.

When she reached the mall, Ethan and Eli were nowhere to be seen, she was in a completely panicked state. Anxiously she started walking on the footpath back towards the way they came from. She really wanted to see Ethan or Eli right now because she was in no condition to confront Andrew.

It was getting darker and now she was regretting why she stayed so long in the park. But it was also good staying there late because if not then she would've missed the chance to meet James.

She felt a sudden wave of dizziness hit her. She was about to fall down but held the nearby wall for support. She hasn't eaten anything from last night, maybe that's why she's feeling drowsiness.

As she was holding herself together. She saw a figure running towards her and to her relief it was Ethan. His facial expressions were enough to tell that he was pissed. He didn't say anything and held her hand and dragged her into the car. She knew she fu**ed up big times.

She can see Ethan was so angry because his knuckles were turning white due to his hold on the steering wheel. She gathered the courage and wrote.

"I'm sorry..."

She nudged his arm and showed it to him, he glanced slightly but ignored her completely. He took out his phone and called someone.

"I've found her. We're coming back."

She again poked at his arm, to which he glared at her. She sealed her lips in a thin line and looked outside the window. This is the first time Ethan is angry with her. And she isn't liking this side of him at all.

She couldn't stop her thoughts from wandering to Andrew, if Ethan is this much angry then she doesn't even want to imagine how Andrew will react. He'll probably kill her today.

As they got into the boundaries of the state, Sweat formed on her forehead. Ethan parked the car and opened the gate for her. She with the speed of a turtle moved out of the car.

Ethan walked in front as she followed him into the mansion. The second she entered the hall.

She froze!