Chapter 11 - What Did You Do?

—-Y/n's POV—-

—-Y/n's POV—-

As the cold breeze swayed through the colorful roses, I couldn't help but stare at the various stars above us as I sat on a cold stone bench.

"Feeling any better?" Jacob interrupted as he placed himself next to me.

"Much better." I assured him.

"Good." He said as he moved closer to my side. Yet again my face was covered with a flustered red. But at the same time, it was covered with a feeling of nervousness.

"Y/n. I can't explain how much I hate myself for breaking your heart honestly. And I know there's no chance of you forgiving me but let me say this." Jacob paused and then grasped my hands with a gentle grip.

"I'm deeply in love with you y/n. Always have been. And ever since that day you first scolded me, it was love at first sight. You've changed me y/n. In so many ways, I just can't explain. So you can hate me all you want, but just know, I'll always be here waiting for you." He said then bringing my hands to his lips.

I deeply sighed and then pulled my hands away.

"I'm..happy to hear that Jacob but, I can't." I quickly got up from my seat and tried to hurry away. That was until Jacob quickly grabbed my arm.

"Y/n please. If it's about the marriage then don't worry about it! I'm sure Blair will understand and we can do one last task for the old king and get out of here and," before he could finish, I slightly jumped from a sudden arm around my shoulders. I looked to my side to see Edmond!

"There you are y/n. I've been looking all over for you!" Edmond laughed.

Sweat dripped down my brow as I watched Jacob's irritated expression.

"Oh, you're Jacob right?" Edmond exchanged his hand.

"Yes..and you are?" Jacob said carefully shaking Edmond's hand.

"Edmond." He said glaring at the dark eyes of Jacob.

"Anyways, Edmond you wanted something?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Ah yes, I believe the royal banquet is going to start soon but the future king is not at his table...so I figured I'd ask you y/n and here he is." Edmond responded with a tone of impatience.

"Right. Well it was nice talking to you love." Jacob said glancing at me.

I nodded my head and then took a sigh of relief once Jacob had disappeared into the great doors of the ballroom.

Edmond suddenly nudged me on my shoulder.

"What was that all about?" He teased.

"It was nothing you jackass!" I laughed.

"Yeah right..." He rolled his eyes as he smiled.

"By the way, I placed the spell in the drink earlier while you danced with your prince charming so you're welcome." Edmond continued.

"Thanks." I gestured as we started to walk back to the ballroom.

As we entered the lively ambience of the room, I was greeted by a familiar face.

"Maisie! I feel like I haven't seen you all night!" I exclaimed as the young girl giggled.

"Sorry sorry. I was just too busy with those delicious fondue fountains, the trancing music, and," she paused.

"Spying on you and Jacob from afar." She laughed.

"Why you little.." I whispered as the music started to die down.

I glanced over at the table of royals as the king held up his glass.

"As soon as he swallows one drop of the drink, the spell should immediately kick in." Edmond whispered.

I nodded my head.

"Let us eat well and give thanks to the bright future this lovely wedded couple will bring us. To the princess and her king!" The king exclaimed as the crowd followed the same chant. With that everyone clinked their drinks together and drank. I carefully watched Jacob swallow his beverage quickly. I started to notice even some of the crew peeking out from their positions to see if the spell really worked. After a couple of minutes we were expecting a change in expression from Jacob but surprisingly someone else had changed.

"Um, father..excuse me but what is all this?" Blair suddenly stood from her seat.

"Why, it's the celebration for the wedding of your dreams! You're marrying the hunter you've fallen for..is there a problem?" The king questioned.

Blair shared a glance at Jacob and stared into his confused eyes with guilt.

"Oh no..father you've got it all wrong! I'm not in love with this hunter, I'm in love with another! Why can't you accept that?" Blair cried as she rushed towards the door leading out of the ballroom.

Before she exited the doors she shouted, "If you won't let me be with Liam, then go ahead and remove me from this corrupted royal family!"

I noticed Edmond's posture suddenly perk up. After Blair slammed the doors shut the room was filled with an awkward silence.

"Edmond..what just happened?" I whispered.

"Things just got better and both worse" he sighed face palming himself.

"Before you explain yourself, who the hell is Liam?" I questioned.

"That would be my brother..the one who was badly injured from his voyage.." he whispered.

My jaw seemed to almost drop to the floor as Edmond's words reached my ears.

(To be continued..)