Chapter Twelve

Sarah stepped out of the limo, It was Wednesday after getting shot Vlad was finally allowing her to go back to school. Kids swarmed her, it wasn't every day someone gets shot in this town. Sarah walked past everyone reassuring them she was alright on her way to English.

Danny came up to her "Sarah, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out at my place after school?"

Sarah looked at Danny suspiciously, he was always cold toward her. Perhaps he wanted to change, he was only a kid she could hold a grudge against him forever. Sarah figured she should make friends anyways.

"Sure, I'll have to tell Vladad before we go," Sarah said with a smile.

Danny looked at her strangely "Vladad?"

"Sorry everyone in my life gets a nickname, become close to me and you'll get one too," Sarah said sitting at her desk.

Danny shook his head, even if she was Vlad's adopted kid she was a really strange person. He decided that he was going to help her feel at home and make these next four years memorable for her. It was the least he could do for his friend.

***

Clockwork watched Danny and Sarah getting along and smiled. He looked forward 8 years to the day he had truly been trying to change. Although the event in four months would cause Danny to lose someone close to him without Sarah, there was a single event more drastic to both the ghost and human worlds. The death of Techna, the day Techna died alone saving both worlds.

Clockwork watched with a frown as that day remained unchanged. Jack and Maddie Fenton get diagnosed with cancer due to years of ectoplasm radiation. Vlad Master's loses his mind and tries to destroy the Ghost Zone, Danny gets injured trying to stop him. Techna goes in alone, she manages to talk Vlad down but can't Deactivate the bomb, so she uses her personal hard light shield to contain the blast to herself.

The first to arrive was Red Hood who held the broken cold body of his sister. Danny always blamed himself, and Vlad volunteered to get his ghost half removed permanently. The ghosts even created a truce to leave the world alone. Clockwork was determined to change this fate, Sarah deserved to live past 24.

***

Danny quickly led Sarah into his room before she could get into a fight with his parents. He let out a laugh as they got into the room and saw Sarah's angry face. She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow.

"You were so ready to fight them!" He said laughing.

"They are idiots who need to be shown they are wrong" she muttered angrily.

"Sam and Tucker are coming as well and they are bringing some friends, want to play anything while we wait?" Danny asked starting up his game console.

"Sure, let's play," Sarah said grabbing a controller and sitting on the bed.

***

Sam knocked on Dicks apartment door trying to figure out a lie to get him to follow her. The door opened and Dick looked down at Sam with a confused look. Sam decided she wasn't going to lie.

"You must be Dick, Alice told me where to find you," Sam said quickly.

"And you are?" Dick questioned suspiciously.

"Sam, I know where your sister Sarah is," Sam said her job was to bring Dick to Danny's house after all.

"Show me," Dick said seriously.

***

Tucker knocked on Jason's door "hey, Danny wants you at his place." Tucker called through the door.

Jason opened the door and looked at Tucker "this better be about Sarah or im gonna shoot him." Jason muttered.