Shyra walked across the corridors of Alza once again with Mahi by her side

Shyra walked across the corridors of Alza once again with Mahi by her side. It had been a few days she'd been staying in Alza, and in that time she'd attended important meetings - with ministers and royalty, as well as privately, with her Jaani.

It might seem too soon, but she already felt like she'd known Mahi all her life, and a life without him seemed unimaginable and lonely.

When these thoughts came to her mind, her thoughts whispered back with one word that sent her emotions awry.

Marriage

It was something she dwelled on a lot, ever since her courtship took a serious turn, and it now stirred dread into her stomach, but she was sure of what she wanted. All the consequences and actions could come later.

First, she needed to know if Mahi was willing, and if he would stand by her side and fight for their unlikely marriage.

So she paced the magnificent gardens of Alza, anxiously muttering to herself and clutching a small box in her hand. Her palms were sweaty with nerves and she was just wiping them on her dress for the millionth time when she heard a chuckle.

"Princess, your fine clothes will get ruined for sure if you keep doing that. I suggest getting a small cloth and wiping your hands on it." Mahi said, walking up to her with a teasing smile playing across his lips. Her heart rate quickened as usual and she fumbled with the box before hiding it behind her back and clumsily getting down on one knee.

Mahi's eyes widened and he took a step back, glancing around hastily in the process. His reaction concerned Shyra and she felt her cheeks burn in mortification. She was about to pretend that she wasn't proposing to him when she saw his eyes misting with tears. She realized that he understood her intentions and appreciated them, so she hastily went on with her prepared speech.

"Prince Mahi of planet Alza, son of Emperor Songrat and Empress Inara, heir to our wondrous Pranali..."

"Oh my Cosmos, enough with the titles. Just get on with what you have to say."

"Er, yes," Shyra mumbled, clearing her throat. "Mahi, if I had a flower for every time I thought of you... I could walk through my garden forever," she began. "But it would be very boring to go through my eternal garden alone. After all, life is best when it's shared with the people you love."

Mahi covered his mouth with his hands, eys sparkling and misting with emotion.

So Shyra smiled and completed her impromptu speech. "Prince Mahi, would you do me the honor of being your dharm patni? Your lawfully wedded wife?," she paused for dramatic effect, then rephrased her question in a different way. "Will you marry me?"

Mahi drew in his breath sharply and his fingers trembled as he moved them from his mouth. He whispered something that Shyra had to lean forward to listen to, and he used that opportunity to kiss her lips.