008. (no matter what)

SCARY LOVE

CHAPTER EIGHT[irl]

CHAPTER EIGHT
[irl]

"no matter what"
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
TW: mentions of eating disorder, panic attack and abuse
also be careful ppl with emetophobia

as soon as the food arrived everyone started eating like they hadn't eaten in days. well except for flor. she had absolutely no appetite at all. so she just kept her food away for later, matt said they could eat after everyone left. that way they would be alone.

flor could only seem to eat when she was alone with matt, only like two bites before she felt the need to throw up. but at least she ate something.

"why aren't you eating anything flor?" a clueless ace asked her with his mouth full of fries. this caught flor off guard, she had to come up with an excuse really quick. "uhm.... i don't know i'm just not that hungry i guess.." flor settled for that lie. it was... good enough. chris didn't buy that though. he knew something was wrong with the girl.

"how? you literally agreed to being starving like 20 minutes ago" sophia asked her. flor decided to eat some fries to be less suspicious, she could already feel that familiar feeling coming her way.

she felt so uncomfortable right now, that overwhelming feeling of everyone staring at her waiting for an answer, that knowing feeling of wanting to just throw up everything. flor started to sweat and became to conscious of the hoodie she was wearing and suddenly it felt too tight. she couldn't breathe and she needed to go to the bathroom. right now. so she did. she just got up and speed walked there.

"flower wait-" matt got up to follow her. chris stopped him. "matt, let me go get her. please" chris told him with a look that said to just let him go. he gave in and watched as chris speed walked to the bathroom, wishing it was him. but it was chris' turn to find out. he deserved it and matt knew he would help flor no matter what.

flor wanted to fucking die. everything around her felt like it was crumbling as she gasped for air that was apparently non existent. her head was killing her and she felt those fries coming back up her throat. she quickly stumbled her way to the toilet and threw up everything she could. which was not much by the way. after doing so, she felt a bit more relieved but the 'not being able to breath' was still there. she was shaking and sweating like crazy, wishing that some miracle happened while she struggles to get air in her lungs.

apparently her thoughts of wanting a miracle came true. she heard footsteps and saw chris hurriedly coming into the bathroom with a worried expression on his face. flor had never been so grateful of forgetting to lock the bathroom door. "flor is everything okay?" he asked quickly making his way to flor, sitting in front of her while holding her shoulders for some type of comfort. flor couldn't reply because of how breathless she felt. chris noticed her struggle to breathe so he immediately knew it was about a panic attack.

to be honest, chris was never that good with panic attacks. he always got a little panicky himself but flor needed help, and chris was going to help her. no matter what.

he really didn't know what to do so he just hugged her. so tight. like this was the last time he would ever hug her again. "it's okay, you're gonna be fine just breathe with me and tell me what's your favorite color" chris said reassuringly before making his breathing more noticeable so the girl could copy while hugging him. "it's-" she was cut off with a sob. of course she was crying, she couldn't breathe and she felt like she was gonna die. "it's fine, take your time, you're gonna be okay. you are doing so good" chris said softly while rubbing her back, soothing her and helping her to reach that calm breathing.

after a few minutes flor finally calmed down but she was still crying softly. "you see? you're fine now, you did great" chris told her, pulling away from the hug. "thank you chris" flor said, sniffing a little. "it's fine, i'll always be here for you. no matter what" he said. "now, you're gonna tell me what's wrong. i know you've been acting suspicious towards food the last few days" chris asked her softly.

"well, i guess you could say i fell into it again" flor told him with a shrug. "really? flor i am so sorry. is there anyway i can help you?" chris said while reaching for a hug. "do you wanna eat together? i'll help you with anything. or do you want to just talk? i will do as you say. you can tell me anything" chris finished.

"my mom got drunk the other day and she was kind of mad? you could say" flor started. god how she hated telling this story. but she had to tell him, he deserved to know. after all, he has her best friend. her platonic soulmate. "she started pointing out how fat she thought i looked and how no one would want to date me if i kept being this fat" she continued while chris circled thumbs in her back to calm her down.

"then i told her everything i ever wanted to tell her. right at her face. she didn't like it. she... she slapped me across the face and threw her glass at me" flor finished with small tears coming out of her eyes. chris didn't answer right away though, flor got worried so she pulled away softly to see if he was okay.

chris was crying. just like nick. he was crying because of what she went through, because he couldn't help seeing her best friend get hurt like that, she was practically his sister. chris felt horrible. if only he could do something to make her mom stop being the way she is, to stop flor from hurting. he would do anything. if only there was a way.

"chris, are you oka-" flor started. "i am so fucking sorry flor, i can't believe you have to go through this all over again. i don't wanna see you hurting anymore, i'll do anything to help you, absolutely fucking anything to see you happy again" chris told her sobbing lightly. "it's fine, i'm used to it anyways" she told him. "but it's not, and you shouldn't be used to it. you shouldn't even experience it in the first place" chris said. all he wanted to do was just take her somewhere safe and make all right.

flor was speechless. to see that the triplets cared so much about her and would do anything to help made her so happy. they were her people.

she didn't know what to reply to chris so she just hugged him. squeezing the air out of him. "flor- i need some air" chris said choking up before flor let go of him. "im sorry" flor said laughing lightly. "it's fine" chris told her before the two fell into a comfortable silence.

"thank you chris, for helping me. you're one of the best friends that one could have. i love you" flor said, opening her arms for a hug. " i love you too flor. so so much, like i said. i'll always be here to help you. no matter what" chris said while tightening the hug.

after pulling away the decided to go back to the living room. surprisingly finding that everyone had left already. "well, i guess she told you everything" nick said to chris. "yeah, she did" he said before sitting back on the couch. flor sat next to matt again, laying her head on his lap this time just so he could stroke her hair. it was a habit of them that flor found to be really comforting. so on every opportunity she had, flor would sit on matt's lap.

2 hours went by, with everyone going to their respective bedrooms. flor following matt to his room with the biggest smile on her face. what did she do to deserve such amazing friends like them? matt and flor fell asleep quickly to the sound of flor's fav show playing on the background, brooklyn 99, as they were comfortable in each others embraces.

———————————————————————
FLOR AND CHRIS CONTENT PEOPLE
i love those two so much
has me wishing i could have guy friends that are like brothers

that's it
hope you had a wonderful day and always remember to eat and drink smth

-agu 💋