027. (confrontation)

SCARY LOVE

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN[irl]

[irl]

"confrontation"

———————————————————

tw
mentions of self harm

today, the triplets and flor were going to help ace take his most important belongings and move to their house. everyone was kind of dreading this moment since they didn't actually wanted to acknowledge sophia and rory's existence right now, but they needed to help ace and flor needed to talk to them.

"i'm scared" flor spoke up when she saw that the car was approaching it's destiny. "it's going to be fine flor, we're all gonna be there" nick rubbed her shoulder. "no but like, im genuinely scared. what if this was all just one of the worst pranks ever. i mean, it's not april fools yet but you know how creative they can get" she ranted. "hate to break it to you, but this is not a prank. and if it was, they would still be awful friends for thinking this was a good idea" madi said over the phone since she was in a trip with her mom all the way back in hawaii.

ace was strangely quiet, he was usually a very extroverted and extremely talkative person. they all found this very out of character but decided to give him some space to confront his twin sister, not only for this but for everything she has done to him.

"we're here" matt turned off the car and everyone moved to get off. ace opened the door as they all walked in, the house was neatly looking and everything was in place. it seemed to be empty but you could hear soft music playing upstairs from, what everyone assumed, sophia's room. matt and flor were the first ones to walk up the stairs since she wanted to confront them directly about it. she knocked the door and heard rory's voice shout a 'come in' and matt held her hand tightly to let her know that she wasn't alone in this.

"who is i- oh. what are you doing here?" sophia asked. she was sitting on the floor, random clothes spread on the floor as if she was planning an outfit and rory lay on her bed, scrolling through her phone. "what do you mean what am i doing here? im here to talk obviously" flor replied with an inexpressive tone. "oh so now you want to talk. what happened two days ago? were you too busy crying your eyes out for some meaningless shit?" rory sassily replied. taking flor aback for the sudden change in words and tone she used to talk to.

"this is not some meaningless shit and you know that. what the fuck is wrong with you guys. hanging out with jake and emily again? after all they did to us? after we swore to never get near them again?" she stared at the disbelievingly. "your seriously still worked up over that? flor, we got over it like a year ago. we started talking again after they reached out like 3 months after graduation. stop holding grudges over stupid stuff flor, god you're so sensitive" sophia rolled her eyes at her. "don't you dare say that to her" matt talked with a protective tone. "oh my god! her knight in shining armor. alway saving you when you can't stand up for yourself, just like in highschool" rory said, sarcasm showing in her tone. tears were begging to fall from flor's eyes as she looked at her ex friends in disbelief. had they've been thinking this about her all this time?

"you know i was having a hard time in highschool, it's not fucking fair to say that shit" her voice cracked slightly and a small tear fell, she was quick to wipe it away. "and here she goes crying again. look flor, i'll tell you why we did it. they apologized, for all that shit in school blah blah blah. we're over that, they seemed sincere, we're really good friends now. also, we were bored. bored of you guys, but especially you" sophia said before taking a sip of water. "you were bored of me?" flor asked, tears falling softly.

"yes, you're just a really boring person over all. but we were just sick of all your problems and issues. it was honestly getting annoying having to always deal with you and help you trough it when we were busy too. so, what other way to get you back than to be friends with your ex boyfriend and best friend? they're actually really nice people, oh, and if you're wondering. no, their opinion about you still hasn't changed. you were never enough for jake and emily was just sick of you, still is" at this point flor was holding back sobs and even matt was holding back some tears. how can some friends, whom they loves so dearly. think so low of her? "fuck you guys, i actually hope you go what i went through and even worse" flor stormed out of sophia's room sobbing, on her way to help ace finish packing so they could just leave this place faster.

"you guys are actually insane. i wish you two end up alone and realize how bad of a person you are" matt wiped a tear from his cheek and followed flor after smashing the door on his way out.

"woah, what happened?" chris asked softly after flor buried her head on his chest when she made her way in ace's room. "i'll tell you guys later. let me just help you pack so we can leave sooner" she pulled away from the hug and started putting stuff in random boxes. "are you sure? you can sit in my bed if you're not okay flor. i don't need that much help. there's not much to pack anyway" ace told her in a caring tone, rubbing her arm in a comforting manner.

ever since ace was a kid, you could tell he was neglected. he didn't have as many belongings as sophia, he didn't get many compliments or was shown affection as often as his twin sister. when sophia came out, their parents were okay with it, happy she had figured out who she was as a person. when he did, they were disappointed. who was going to help this family grow if it wasn't him? he couldn't be dating men if he wanted to give his parents grandchildren. when ace was struggling with his mental health, he didn't have anyone to reach out to. so he started coping with self harm. hiding and stealing blades from everyone just so he could get out of his head for a little while.

one day, it was too much. he was about to end it, but decided not to and actually ask for help. he told sophia, figuring that as his twin sister, she would be loyal and not tell his parents. he didn't want them to know. sophia told him it was okay, that she wouldn't tell anyone. but she lied. whenever they got into an argument, she would bring up the topic and threaten him. just so she could get what she wanted or win the argument. so ace was really glad to be leaving this place and to finally get rid of his twin sister. she had been nothing but a shitty person to him.

"and done" nick taped down the last box and everyone started bringing them to the car.

"whats with all this boxes? where are you going?" sophia asked ace from the kitchen, making him then around. "oh im moving out" he stated simply before walking again. "wait a second. moving out? what? why?" she asked him surprised. "why? you're really asking me that?" ace asked her, a blank look on his face. "who's gonna help me pay rent?" she asked him, not even bothered by the fact that his twin brother, supposedly her built in best friend, was leaving.
"you can ask your lovely friends to move in and help you. the house is at your name so don't be concerned with changing it" ace said before leaving the keys on the kitchen counter and locking the door behind him as he made his way to te triplet's van.

fortunately, for him everything had gone smoothly and left with no tears running down his face as he had not expected to. on the other hand, flor was currently sobbing in the car while matt comforted her and said sweet words to her ear. she really had some explaining to do on what had rory and sophia done to her while they talked.

—————————————————
omg guys im alive!

now we got a bit of ace's backstory. hes such an interesting character i love him.

now that theres two characters less in the story im way more happy writing.

i love gracie abrams and dominic fike and inhaler and lana del rey. ok thats it

love you guys tysm for 28k im so so so beyond grateful 🙁💞

eat and drink!!
-agu 💋