-2, 4, 7, 12-

2, 4, 7, 12.

2, 4, 7, 12.

"I've neverseen this place so empty."

2, 4, 7, 12.

"Just keep your eyes open."

2, 4, 7, 12.

"Paper." She looked up as Johanna gently nudged her, looking at her worried. "Are you alright there?"

"Yeah it's just.... 2, 4, 7, 12.... Cato, Finnick, you, me, Katniss..... It reminds me of...."

"Jasmine, Nelson, Marcus, you and Kai." Johanna finished for her and Paige nodded, taking a deep breath. "You won't be losing us, don't worry." She rubbed her back before bogs yelled out.

"Got a pod!"

"Let's take cover." Johanna dragged Paige after Finnick as they hid behind a building.

"Shoot through those two buildings Katniss."

She did and flame throwers filled the street with fire.

Paige took a breath as they moved forwards and through the streets, after a while, hearing a sound.

"We've got a truck coming in from the south." Jackson called in a walkie talkie before saying. "Stand down, everyone. It's friendly."

Paige tilted her head as more people got out and suddenly saw.... Peeta?

"My name is Peeta Mellark. My home is district 12. My name is Peeta Mellark. My home is district 12." He kept repeating as Paige crouched down with her heels on the ground.

"Are you okay Paper?" Johanna asked, ignoring the rest of the group talking, crouching too but on her toes.

"What is he doing he?"

Johanna listened over her shoulder.

"They want him in the propo, show that he'son our side now.... I can put an axe in his face if you don't want him here."

"No it's fine, just why send him? Coin can't be that stupid can she?" Johanna shrugged at Paige. "Why does she want him here with me? Two fucked people will mess things up."

"Hey, you are not fucked, it will be fine, Everdeen will deal with him, you just ignore him, alright?"

"Okay..."

"Good, now come on Paper, up on your feet." Johanna rubbed her shoulders.

---------------------------------------------

"We'll move forward a few blocks tomorrow and shoot the new footage." Boggs said, all of them sitting in a destroyed building.

"He's not in control of himself." Gale added, pointed at Peeta who was muttering to himself, cuffed for precautions.

"I say we schedule an around-the-clock watch on him. The Leegs till 1700, Homes and Mitchell till 1900." Jackson said.

"Give me a watch." Katniss said.

"And if it really came down to it, you think you could shoot him?"

"I'll stay with 12." Paige said. "She won't be alone, I know what Peeta went through, I know what I went through, I could kill him."

"And I could too. I wouldn't be shooting Peeta I would be killing a capitol mutt."

"I'm not sure that kind of a comment recommends you for the job, either,  soldier." She told mostly Katniss.

"Put her in the rotation but Halavey, eyes stuck to her." Boggs said.

"Of course." She nodded.

"And I'll stay with them, Where Paper goes, I go." Johanna said.

Boggs waved off and walked outside and Katniss followed.

Paige just sighed, remaining sitting, leaning to the side and leaning her head against Johanna's leg.

"You two should have gotten married when you could." Finnick said with a grin, defusing the tension just a bit.

"Shut up Odair." Johanna snapped, not wanting him to make Paige uncomfortable. "Want an axe in your face?"

"I'll pass up on the offer." He chuckled. "But really, rings are nice." He showed his off, waltzing away with his preener attitude.

---------------------------------------

"I'll gut him." Johanna told Paige who chuckled, Johanna hadn't forgiven Finnick. It was their turn to watch Peeta but they remained outside the room as Katniss went inside, giving them a moment together. 

"You shouldn't Jo.... You kinda owe him my life."

"I suppose I do.... Dammit I really found it attractive, the idea of a axe through that smug face of his." She made a square with her fingers and looked through it.

"Everything you'd do would look great." Paige told her, feeling her hand through her hair as Johanna looped her arm around Paige's shoulder.

"I much preferred it longer." Johanna said as Paige leaned against her, head on her shoulder.

"Just like how I did too before you sliced them for the 75th games."

"I told you it was for convenience."

"I guess we just gotta grow them out again."

"After this will have all the time in the world."

"Yeah we will."

"God I love you so much." Paige leaned her head against Johanna's chest.

Paige wanted to say it back each time it was said but that would be admitting to her fear, irrational a bit but very real in the circumstances they were in.

Every person she had said she loved was now dead.

"I.... Can't.... I yes but..." She tried to explain her silence, she felt if she'd say it out loud that it would be like sealing Johanna's fate stone. "I..." While Snow lived, the risk felt very real to Paige.

"Sssh, it's okay." Johanna rubbed her shoulder. "You don't need to say it, I know what you feel without that." She grabbed Paige's face gently, lifting it, this time, without being prompted, Paige kissed first.

She gently put her hand on Johanna's face, rubbing her thumb up it before pulling away, knocking their foreheads together a bit harder then planned but Johanna just looked amused.

"Once we are done here." Paige promised.

"I can wait until then, I waited until now, in just a few days it will be all over, I can wait until then."

Paige smiled a bit, pulling her into another kiss.