11 : Business Trips And Bad Decisions

AALIYAH

Sunday was quite possibly the second worst day of the week after Monday.

Don't get me wrong I love Sundays, but what I don't love is the feeling when you realize "you just have to make it to Friday" again.

As much as I love school (note the sarcasm) I don't want to wake up at 6 am for the rest of the week.

So for most Sundays, I just hang out at home and catch up on work that I was supposed to do at school.

I was on the phone with Desiree when my mom came into my room. "Aaliyah I forgot to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"I'm going on a business trip for the next couple weeks. A client in Tennessee wants my help with this case. so I'm leaving tomorrow. Now I know I can trust you, but just in case I need to hear you say it."

"You can trust me."

"I have to be at the airport early, so I'll call you in the morning so I won't wake you up too early. But I'm gonna head to bed."

"Okay, goodnight."

She walked out of my room and I turned my attention back to Desirée. "Did I hear that right?"

"What?"

"Your mom said she was going on a business trip for a couple weeks."

"Oh, that yeah."

"You know what that means right?"

"Des I'm not throwing a-"

"SLUMBER PARTY!!"

"Slumber party?"

"Yeah it'll just be me, you, Xavier...and Lucas."

"Lucas?"

"Oh, come on Lucas and Xavier are best friends. There's no way he'll come if Lucas isn't."

Was this the best idea? Probably not, but would I agree to it? Yes. Yes, I would.

"Okay fine but nothing too crazy."

"Oh my gosh yes! Aaliyah, I promise you we'll have a great time."

"I'm holding you to that."

What did I just agree to?

•••

My mom called me at 5 in the morning. I hate waking up early, but I had to answer her call.

Rise and shine!

Really?

I just couldn't resist

You're really gonna be gone for two weeks

Sadly yes and as much as I wish I could stay I have more advanced cases since I got this promotion

Wait you go a promotion why didn't you tell me?

Oh yeah I got a promotion

Very funny haha

I should go I really don't wanna keep you up for too long

Oh don't worry I'm fine

Aaliyah, you hate waking up early, and right now it's 5 o'clock

Yeah you're right but I'm fine