31 · 三十一

• Commentator's Bias •

▫️⬛️▫️

To win over a crowd, you must first win over the person who has the most influence over said crowd.

And who is said person?

The Quidditch commentator, Lee Jordan of Gryffindor, of course.

With this weekend only being a few days away, I must find a way to ensure that I will come out of that game as a winner, literally, and in people's hearts too.

I learn from a first-year Gryffindor—who was so terribly terrified of me in the halls—that Jordan's currently in the Library, so obviously, that is where I need to be as well.

A few shelves down and I finally find him, looking incredibly focused in his work but still muttering something out loud but quietly.

"Ugh, when was his first album released?"

With quiet steps I peek over his shoulder and read the title on a piece of parchment. I smirk. This will go better than I thought. "1991."

"MERLIN!" Jordan yelps as he whips his body around, placing a hand to his chest. "What the—oh my God." He points a finger at me, staring with wide eyes. "You're Nick's sister. Goodness, please tell me what I did to offend you because I do not want to end up like anyone else who did."

"1991, 12th of November."

"What?"

"The release date of his first album, of course."

His jaw drops wide open, staring at me with awestruck eyes. "You know Tupac?!"

"Please who doesn't?" I say nonchalantly and take a seat beside him.

"You—but you're not even—you're a-"

"A Pureblood? Oh, don't act so shocked, Jordan. In a few years time he will become a legend in our history, so much so that every other Pureblood would also learn his name."

"...So you're not here for revenge? I did not offend you?"

I tilt my head. "I don't know? Did you offend me, Jordan?"

"Well if I did not, I don't know why you would even be talking to me when we don't even know each other, let alone helping me with my research project on Muggle Pop Culture. By the way, what was the date again?" he asks, picking up his quill.

I repeat it to him again. "And also, who wouldn't know you? You're the commentator for Quidditch games. The entire audience knows more about you than they know about all the players on the teams."

"I'm honoured, I suppose," he says, scribbling on his parchment. "How'd you even know that? Matter of fact, how'd you even know Tupac exists? Not many Purebloods care enough of the Muggle world, and certainly not Slytherin Muggles."