5

CHAPTER FIVE
Benjamin's Backstory

CHAPTER FIVEBenjamin's Backstory

Benjamin was nervous. If he could sweat then you would definitely see it from his armpits alone. Seilena had invited him over for dinner and though she said everything would be fine, who knows how her parents would react. He was a little early but he texted her saying that he would be.

Benjamin knocked on the heavy wooden door and waited for a response. He perked up when he heard footsteps. Benjamin felt like a kid for the first time in a long time. On the other side of the door was the triplets' mother, Chelsea. She opened the door and was greeted with the sight of a boy holding a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of aged wine he collected many years ago.

"Benjamin?" She smiled warmly, noticing he seemed uneasy. "Yes, ma'am" He confirmed offering the things he bought after being invited in. The Adaener house looked way bigger on the inside. It was decorated beautifully in Benjamin's opinion. He felt his nerves calm down quite a bit. Ben was shocked, only time his emotions changed this fast was when Jasper was near.

Chelsea took the items and sat them on the table. "Ah, you must've been affected by the calming crystals. They are there for the restless spirits that just died." She explained seeing the confusion in his face, "Besides you can just call me Chelsea or Mrs.Adaener. Ma'am makes me think of my mother." She chuckled causing Benjamin to laugh as well.

Seilena's father, Darce, came out of the kitchen with an apron on and drying his hands with a paper towel. "You must be Benjamin Cullen?" He asked with a smile. "Yes, sir." He responded, shaking the man's outstretched hand. "I've heard a lot about you. Just call me Darce" He patted Ben on the shoulder.

Benjamin almost let out a sigh of relief. Thinking about meeting Seilena's parents was probably the scariest thing he's had to do since he messed with Rose's shoe collection. But now that he's actually doing it, he is relieved that they are way more welcoming than he ever thought. (I'm not sure if this paragraph makes sense.. Lmk if it doesn't)

"What do you want for dinner? I know you can't eat what's cooking now but I can go run and get something for you" Chelsea asked. "Are you sure? I can go grab something to eat right now" He said. "You're our guest! How could I allow you to go do that? Now what do you want?" She insisted.

"Anything is fine" Benjamin answered. "No preference with your blood? Duck, swan, moose, grizzly, mountain lion, beaver, or deer?" Once she said deer Ben nodded almost automatically. He was almost embarrassed but he loved deer blood.

"Well looks like someone has a favorite. Be safe, Baby." Darce chuckled before kissing his wife on the cheek and going back to cook in the kitchen. With the Vampire's feeding situation now sorted (tyy vanessanessa1816  😭), Chelsea let him know that he could go upstairs to Seilena's room before everything was done and ready for dinner.