10

CHAPTER TEN
Curiosity

Seilena hoped that the first black vampire she met would be cool but ended up rolling her eyes at the slight smirk that  he had

Seilena hoped that the first black vampire she met would be cool but ended up rolling her eyes at the slight smirk that  he had. She had already clasped the necklace back on her neck when she first saw the intruders meaning they didn't notice that she was a reaper. They couldn't really tell what any of the Adaener siblings were.

"I believe this belongs to you" He said holding up the baseball and throwing it to Carlisle who easily catched it. She wanted to wait and see what type of timing they were on. Attack now or play nicely, in other words. Benjamin was with whatever.

"Thank you" Carlisle entertained. 'Nice it is then' she thought making eye contact with Ben. "I am Laurent. And this is Victoria and James." The opposing vampire introduced his little group. Leandro did not like the look in James' eyes, it was screaming mentally unwell or in other terms unhinged and not the good kind. He didn't feel threatened though.

"I'm Carlisle. This is my family." He responded. "Hello" Laurent greeted. The larger group each gave off different reactions but they were definitely ready to get Bella the hell out of here. "I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us." Carlisle said.

"Our apologies. We didn't realize the territory had been claimed."

"Yes, well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby."

"Really?" Laurent looked at James who was having a staring contest with Edward, "Well, we won't be a problem anymore. We were just passing through."

"The humans were tracking us, but we led them east. You should be safe" the girl, Victoria, said in a tone that made Seilena squint her eyes. "Excellent." He smiled. "So, could you used three more players?" Laurent asked. The silence was loud as everyone looked at Carlisle.

"Oh, come on. Just one game." The dark-skinned guy pushed. "Sure. Why not?" Carlisle sighed with a smile.

"a few of us were leaving. You could take their place. We'll bat first." He threw the ball back. "I'm the one with the wicked curveball." Victoria catched the ball."Well, I thinking we can handle that." Jasper said as him, Emmett, and Benjamin smirked. "Easily" Benny smiled, hiding the worry he had for Bella.

The three vampires clapped happily. "We shall see" Victoria chuckled hitting Laurents outstretched hand. James was still being a fucking weirdo and trying to intimidate Edward but soon made a move to turn around. Everything was going fine until the damn wind blew Bella's cover. James stopped in his tracks and took a deep breathe in.

"Fuck" Leandro groaned, he knew shit was about to go down. The black fog around Bella thickened. "You brought a snack." James smirked and got into a position to pounce. Edward pushed Bella into Melanie's embrace as the Cullens got ready to fight if needed.