Part 9

AMIRAS POV~

Its now Monday and I'm so tired. I HATE Mondays. I walk into first period and I take my seat beside Andela.

"Good morning!!" Andela gives me warm smile.
"Good morning" I say as I bring my head down to the table. "I'm going to sleep"
Andela laughs.

"Good morning class today we're going to be doing a lab!" Ugh I'm not in the mood for a lab today. I turn to Andela and whisper "why are we doing a lab on a Monday?" Andela looks as annoyed as I do "I could ask the same question."

The teacher begins to tell us about the lab when Blake and Emiliano walk in late. The teacher looks at them in disbelief and sighs. "Take a seat and listen to my instructions. Next time you're late you're getting detention."

"Yea, yea." Blake says this as he and Emiliano take the only seat left in-front of Andela and I.

"I was going to let you guys pick your lab partners but since some of you decided to be late I will be picking for you." Great. This is even worse. I have to do a lab with someone other than my best friend?
I hate this.

"Once you settle with your partner come see me to grab the supplies!" Andela turns to me, "we should've skipped." I look at Andela "you know I wouldn't do that."

"I know, but I would've forced you anyways." I never like to skip class because I hate being behind on work. It give me a lot of anxiety and I prefer to have my work done ahead of time.

"Okay when I call your name find your partner and begin!" Mrs Keller grabs her notebook and begins listening everyone's partners.

"Gracie and Luke"
"Lucy and Kara"
"Emiliano and George"

She lists about 6 more groups before mine and Andelas. Maybe we're going to be together!

"Andela and ally" who's left for me to be pared with?

"Amira and Blake" oh. I watch as Blake turns around to face me.

"Okay class find your partners and BEGIN!" I get up and look at Andela before she leaves to her partner. She mouths 'good luck' before leaving.

I walk up to blake, "I'll grab our supplies." I go and grab everything we need for the lab and sit at the lab desk beside Blake.

Blake begins working without reading the instructions. "What are you doing?" Blake looks at me confused. "You have to read the instructions."

"I don't read instructions." He starts to pick up something we're supposed to use on step 6.
I pull it out of his hand. "You're going to make us fail." He looks at me and leans against the desk. I look away and begin reading the instructions.

"Here." I give him our supplies for step 1, "put 4 drops of this substance into the beaker."

He looks at me for a second and then grabs the substance I gave him. "Yes ma'am" I watch carefully as he puts 4 drops into the beaker.

"Good." I then begin following the rest of the instructions given to us.

I hear blake move beside me. I look at him for a moment and then realize that I've been doing most of the work. "Oh.. I'm sorry here" I give him the final step. "Finish it." He looks at me and smirks.

"You go ahead, I like watching you concentrate." I hesitate to finish the last step as he watches me slowly pick up the last substance.

When I finish I turn to look at him and he doesn't break the eye contact. I get lost in his eyes.. but I have to look away. I cant fall for the guy my brother is sent to watch over me. As soon as I look away Mrs Keller tells us to pack up our stuff before the bell.

When I start packing up Andela comes up to me and whispers in my ear. "Looks like you guys got along"
She wiggles her eyebrows. And smirks

"Andela stop, my brother sent him to watch over me at the party... he's probably still being forced to make sure I'm not getting into trouble." I role my eyes at the thought. I think I can manage on my own.

"Sometimes I think your brothers are wayyy to protective." I nod my head because I 100% agree.
-

-
-
A/N
Thank u guys for reading! I hope y'all are enjoying this story so far!
Lmk what you guys think <3