VII: (Celebrity)

There are people you just meet and end up clicking on another level

It turned out the plan Lorenzo had mentioned was getting on a plane to Paris. He called the next morning to fill me in on the details. It took a miracle to hold me back from wishing hell on his head.

Thankfully we were set to leave in the afternoon and that gave me time to sneak out and find the church I was said to have gotten married at. Everything I had been told by Lorenzo all came out to be true as confirmed by the priest and said nun who was present that night.

"Are we really going to Paris?" Debby implored as the driver sent by Lorenzo offloaded our luggage from the trunk of the Jeep Wrangler.

I swerved to my right where she was practically bouncing on her feet, her attire a simple one of jean shorts and a red long-sleeved top coupled with black vans.

"Patience my child," I mumbled and grabbed the handle of my luggage as we rounded the car and began to stroll toward the main building of the airport.

She rolled her eyes at my statement and muttered something incorrigible. I wasn't able to pick out the words as my phone chose to start ringing in that moment.

My left hand dived into the pocket of the black Adidas track pants I had on below a white thin-strapped blouse, the track jacket hanging on my shoulders as my feet in comfortable Adidas slides led me forward.

I knew I came low in comparison to Debby judging by our figure and way of dress, however I didn't care as I couldn't compromise being comfortable just to look good.

"Hello wife," the voice of Lorenzo greeted through the device I had placed to my ear and I held in the urge to smile like a maniac thus the situation still seemed surreal. "Where are you?"

"We just arrived and are heading into the building now," I conversed, light breeze brushing the strands of my hair as I chose to let it flow freely on my shoulders and back.

"Good, now follow my instructions carefully," he spoke and I nodded though he couldn't see me. Debby sent me an inquisitive glimpse and I mouthed the words "follow me."

Lorenzo didn't waste a second as he directed our movements through the connection once we stepped foot into the large edifice. We moved in every direction he ordered us to and met the people he indicated us to.

About 10 minutes later we were done and being led by a man in uniform to an exit door. Above the glass barrier the words were written in blue, 'Private Hanger.'

Debby and I exchanged a glimpse of surprise as the door was opened and the man in uniform nodded as he ushered us past it. The door was closed the instant we had departed and nothing could hide the surprised expression printed on my face.

The space before us was filled with private jets. Each painted in different colors and some designs distinct from the others. My mouth gaped in an 'O' as workers were moving about, some commands being shouted and objects dragged around.

"Welcome ladies," Xander materialized in our view as he approached us in khaki pants and a white t-shirt, sunglasses pushed at the top of his head, holding his hair back.

He smiled wickedly at Debby as his vision appraised her from head to toe, an appreciative flash in his eyes that had me scoffing. I don't hate the guy trust me, it just happened that our vibes seemed to clash the moment we were in each other's presence.

"I believe we've met, Miss-" he left the sentence hanging as he stretched a palm for a shake. Debby clamped her hand to his, a blush staining her cheeks at the contact.

"Debby Viviana Hawkings," she answered and I had to bite down on my lip to prevent me from bellowing out a laugh.

Being the sharp witted girl I knew her to be, she immediately sent me a glare which I caught from the corner of my eye. I quickly gazed the other way as seeing her face happened to make my intentions futile.